Hello from Utah

flysurfer

Registered Member
City
Salt Lake City
Hello, my name is Steve, aka Flysurfer. I purchased a 170 Sportsman from the Triumph dealer here in Salt Lake City a couple of years ago and am converting it to a center console to use for fishing when I return to my home state of Florida and I can't wait. Snow and this Florida boy do not get along and I really miss the year 'round boating and fishing. Ice fishing is not for me. It's nice to see there are some clubs in the Central Florida area and you will be hearing from me when I return. I'm photo documenting the project and when finished, I'll post them. You'd think a couple of years of converting is a long time which it is but since the boat is stored outside and the summers are not all that long...well you get the picture.
Instead of the standard console on the 170 CC, I ordered the helm console used on the side console models. I'm also installing a deck to the rear of the console for more under deck storage and to use as a fishing platform. The helm seat will also mount to the deck. There a lots of other extras that I won't go into at this time. The boat will be a site to behold. The hull is army green, the console is white and the deck, hatch covers and sole are tan or sand color. She definitely will not win any beauty contest but she will be fully functional.
As soon as I found this site I had to become a member and have found the forums invaluable for ideas and advice. Thanks to all for that.
See Y'all in Florida.

Welcome flysurfer. Post some pictures when you can, and hurry back to Florida. What part of this great state you moving to?

Welcome aboard flysurfer! We look forward to seeing the photos of your modification. :cool:

Crystal River or St. Augustine areas are my first choices. I was born and raised in the Orlando area and when it got too big, I moved to the Daytona area.

Back