HELLO.......hello.......hello.......ECHO......echo....

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
Where'd everybody go.......c'mon people, it's spring.....the only excuses should be you can't post cause you're out IN the boat.... right now!!!

I know all you Northeners have had your boats wrapped up like a mummy for the last several months.....but it's begging to be set free. Get it in the water so you can post all the mishaps that occur due to your sittin around all winter like couch potatoes. When you should have been out using the ole girl for an ice-breaker. -----Heh heh....Florida joke.

I know, I know....where are my boating stories. Well, I was going to take her down to the ramp today......but then again....it's Sunday and pretty crowded. I'll go tomorrow....Heh heh...Retired joke.

Ok, I got ya'll riled.....so fire 'em up and lets hear some posts here. Keep it safe everyone. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for initiating this Capt. Bill. I'm hoping some folks will post some pictures of their boats when they get them out this spring. This would be as good a place as any to make a post and share some pictures. :)

Here on Cape Cod I took my 170CC for a test run on Saturday--first launch of the season and everything went well. Engine & electronics worked great, and my new boat puller--the Nissan Frontier--did well also. I even remembered to take off the transom straps and put in the plugs before I backed down the ramp to launch. Now if the weather will improve, I can go fishing....

I hope everyone has a safe & fun season

IMG_4705.jpgIMG_4709.jpg

Nice looking 170 rig Chris. :cool:

Well then, I guess we are excused because we were out on the boat all weekend! Actually just Singer, I was out with a girlfriend all day Saturday and then both of us were out Sunday after 4.

So if someone else did something stupid with the Duck, it wasn't me!

Wait, maybe it was....

d0b8ec7a1e722a5597380362f47df5d0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Glad to hear all went well on your maiden voyage. not to worry about your nissan i have the same truck and i pull a 215 cc ...pulls it with plenty of power to spare. another wonderful benefit of our plastic boats !!!

Well, I WAS going to take my 88 year old mom fishing on the gulf last week, but instead, ended up driving her to see her sister in Okla. So they had a nice visit. And me.....well, I gotta help help my new neighbors with some rewiring a few things in their house this weekend, and help my grandson move out of his dorm at UT next weekend, so my plastic-lensed Faria gauges are back at the factory getting their new glass lenses. Then the wife and I are going to upstate NY to visit HER sister, who she hasn't seen for 20 years, then I have a reunion of my old 'Nam outfit in Reno in July..........gosh darn it! SOMEday I'll get to go fishin'.

i took this pic today at the boat ramp. seas were a bit rough so i just went to check things out (live one mile from marina) i pull in and there is this guy with a 2007 215 i talked to him for a few min and he didnt know about this website or much about his boat. .... Capt Bill: there is more of us down here than i thought ...of course he raved about how tough and sooth riding his boat is.. i wonder how many triumph boat owners there are in south Florida and the keys? it seems like triumph gave up early in this area and abandoned ship quickly ..... so many boats down here and everyone loves these boats (once you own one) i wonder what happened ??triumph in the boat ramp.jpg

I know what you mean Peace. It's like the pregnant women thingy. Where when a woman is pregnant, she will notice every other pregnant woman around her.
I will be driving somewhere and catch outa the corner of my eye a glimpse of a unmistakable Roplene boat (lLogic/Triumph) and look to see if it is one I recognize from here. And when it isn't, I have this urge to connect with them and tell them about this site so we can share and keep in touch. And Triumph really missed the boat (punn intended). They bailed too quick on offshore models. I've had my Roplene boat longer than any other boat I've owned.....and I have had a lot of boats over the years.

I have been busy with a kitchen remodel but this weekend my friends. Back to my favorite little boat. I didn't even put 100 hours on it the past 12 months. How embarrassing... the wife will never let me get that Yam 70 4 stroke if I don't wear this one out. :rolleyes:

Heh, I tow my 2002 17' Sportsman TL (tiller steer) with a 1995 Nissan 4x4 truck with the V6 which has always done the trick.

Currently I'm thinkin' I need to get the timing belt replaced as I'm hearing a metallic slapping noise from around the belt cover/passenger side valve cover area. Consequently I'm driving the truck very little until I can get it into the shop in a couple of days.

But there's no big rush in my case as currently up here in Washington state all of Puget Sound from the coast on in is closed to salmon fishing because the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the treaty Indian tribes could not agree to catch allocations on ESA listed Chinook salmon stocks. First time this has happened in over 30 years and most recreational fishermen aren't very pleased!!!

Heh, I tow my 2002 17' Sportsman TL (tiller steer) with a 1995 Nissan 4x4 truck with the V6 which has always done the trick.

Currently I'm thinkin' I need to get the timing belt replaced as I'm hearing a metallic slapping noise from around the belt cover/passenger side valve cover area. Consequently I'm driving the truck very little until I can get it into the shop in a couple of days.

But there's no big rush in my case as currently up here in Washington state all of Puget Sound from the coast on in is closed to salmon fishing because the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the treaty Indian tribes could not agree to catch allocations on ESA listed Chinook salmon stocks. First time this has happened in over 30 years and most recreational fishermen aren't very pleased!!!

Just read an article about the Washington State salmon situation.

Interesting dynamic between the state, the tribe, and the recreational angler.

Must be extremely frustrating.

I was looking for pictures of your setup the other day. I'm seriously considering converting to a tiller if I decide to repower this boat.
Can't find your pics since the site has been upgraded. Probably just user error.

Have a good one.

Just read an article about the Washington State salmon situation.

Interesting dynamic between the state, the tribe, and the recreational angler.

Must be extremely frustrating.

I was looking for pictures of your setup the other day. I'm seriously considering converting to a tiller if I decide to repower this boat.
Can't find your pics since the site has been upgraded. Probably just user error.

Have a good one.

Here's a couple of pics of my Triumph. As I fly-fish a lot I really appreciate the open uncluttered aspect of this rig. It's one big casting platform!

20160611_0002.JPG 20160611_0006.JPG

Very cool rig. I didn't even know they had a model like yours. With all that uncluttered deck space, that would be great for cast netting bait fish. That is one of the complaints I have about my 210CC. No high casting platform anywhere. Very hard to throw a cast net.

Very cool rig. I didn't even know they had a model like yours. With all that uncluttered deck space, that would be great for cast netting bait fish. That is one of the complaints I have about my 210CC. No high casting platform anywhere. Very hard to throw a cast net.

That is a great boat. It's my backup plan if the 2 stroke ever dies.

Opps.......somebody forgot to fold the antenna........
Yep, remember I mentioned some stupid new boater mistakes? This was one of them.

I broke it (in my defense, hubby put it up and didn't tell me when we transferred the boat, but I take the blame because I didn't check). It's already been replaced. Thank God it was a relatively inexpensive lesson to learn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Opps.......somebody forgot to fold the antenna........
Good eye! I kept looking at the pic and the t-top looked off centered to me. Then I saw the girls smiling and knew they wouldn't be so happy if they just twisted the t-top.

It was just the photo and the way the boat was lined up with the dock that through me off.

The young lady on the right does have a bit of a guilty grin going on however!:)

Nice looking boat Salty!

Well, I WAS going to take my 88 year old mom fishing on the gulf last week, but instead, ended up driving her to see her sister in Okla. So they had a nice visit. And me.....well, I gotta help help my new neighbors with some rewiring a few things in their house this weekend, and help my grandson move out of his dorm at UT next weekend, so my plastic-lensed Faria gauges are back at the factory getting their new glass lenses. Then the wife and I are going to upstate NY to visit HER sister, who she hasn't seen for 20 years, then I have a reunion of my old 'Nam outfit in Reno in July..........gosh darn it! SOMEday I'll get to go fishin'.
WOOHOO.....found some time in two weeks. Going down to Port Aransas for a week. Gonna take a "party" boat out for some snapper on the last Saturday of the month, but will be on my own for the rest of the time. Maybe can get some snapper around the rigs within the 9 mile line, or some kings, smacks or cobia. Can post up pictures of the boat, but can't guarantee that there will be pictures of any fish:D

Back