Humminbird 535

DHull

Registered Member
City
Baldwinsville
I have a 535 that quit working, all that happens is the back light comes on when inserted into cradle. Nothing else happens. it is getting 12V. I contacted Hummingbird and they say to check all connections, which i did. All good. If the unit is bad does anybody know what units i can use with the existing cradle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just get a unit of your choice? Do what I did if the wiring is a issue. I just cut the transducer wire and taped the new wire to it along with a spare line and pulled it through. Now you will have a spare line there if you need something else pulled through in the future...

whata mean!!! it came with the boat...i have been looking at the lowrance elite 4 dsi any thoughts?

It's nice but small. Good for a bow mount trolling motor for instance or a kayak but I prefer the 5" displays or larger for any boat that can hold it. I'm actually going to flush mount an HDS-10 where my gauges cluster is whenever I feel like working for free again (I am a small boat electrician, somehow working on my own boat just doesn't sound all that fun anymore).

i know, that is what was holding me up the size, but i am trying to free up some space on the console. as you my be aware there is not a hole lot of room on the 170CC

what year is yours? the older ones have a great space on top but the newer ones are more cramped, I agree.

its a 2006. i removed the cup holder and mounted the Humminbird over the hole, now i am missing the cup holder ha ha thinking of mounting the lowrance above the gauges

yea, above the gauges is the more typical location. Gotta be able to keep a beverage at the helm :D

got a great deal on a elite 5x HDI so much for the freed up space...bought the old school swival type beverage holders and screwed them to the side of the console...

Back