I GOT MINE!! (but I need to replace my livewell)

D

dlsutherland

Hello All, Well after 15 years of marriage, 3 kids, and 3 promotions, I finally got my boat. I got a good deal on a LOGIC PRO 186 and I LOVE IT. I'm stationed in Camp Lejeune NC, and spend all my free time (minus the kids baseball games) fishing. My only complaint is that my livewell went belly up. I've looked at trying to replace it, but man is that a tight fit, and I have NO CLUE how to even remove the old one. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Dave, Thanks for your service to the country and us. My son is also stationed at Camp Lejeune and is serving in Iraq at this time.
Im not sure about the 186 Logic Pro livewell but I would think that it is like most other livewell pumps. Most pumps will come apart by holding in the two locking clips on the side of the pump housing and pulling the pump head off of the pump body. Some of the older pumps come apart by twisting the pump head a half turn and the pump head will come off. Once you get the pump apart check to see if the impeller will spin free and check for trash in the pump. Then check and make sure that you are getting power to the pump. The pump should have some kind of a plug inline of the wiring. Check to see that there is 12 volts at the plug. If not go to the switch and check for power there. Also check the breaker or fuse. Just keep checking untill you find the problem. If the pump is bad and you need to replace it just unscrew the pump body off of the inlet pipe and get a new one and install it. I know that the pumps are hard to get to on some of the boats but you can do it. Some times you can remove a seat base or a storage compartement pan and make it easier to get to the pump. If you still have problems getting the pump out and apart try and take some pictures and post them here, im sure that we can walk you through this problem. Good luck and Semper Fi Dave.
By the way Dave my sons name is SSgt Steven Rowe and he is an MP. He should be back home some time this September or October. He also loves to fish. I can't wait untill he gets back so that we can go fishing.

Back