If you remove your fishfinder from your boat, how do you store it?

LoonLovers

Registered Member
City
Marcy
State
NY
I trailer our 191FS to water. When the boat is not traveling or in the water, it is parked next to the house. I am not comfortable leaving our Lowrance fishfinder on the boat when it is not being used. I am looking for ideas on where you store your fishfinder/electronics. I am leaning on possibly purchasing a padded camera bag. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mine are flush mounted on a poplar board that I slide in and out of the console whenever I want too.:cool: I normally never leave my electronics in the boat after having all mine stolen 1 1/2 years ago when I stored the boat in a marina.:mad: When not in the boat they just lean against the wall in my florida room, all the screens have covers on them.

Attachments

• Console2.jpg
    Console2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Console1.jpg
    Console1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 20
I have a balistic nylon bag that I store all of my essentials in, and I hang it over the steering wheel when out on the water and it stays in the truck or garage when I am not on the boat.

Binoculars, gps, depth finder, vhf, weather radio, spare batteries, maps, plugs, keys, cables, cell phone, etc.

Also it is a good idea to cover your cable connectors on the boat with a plastic bag when in storage. When I went out the first time this year I discovered my depth finder power cable connector had corroded beyond repair and had to be replaced.

Back