New 215 owner

mbriggs

Registered Member
City
Lake Wylie
I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself to everyone. My wife and I are proud owners of a 215 CC outfitted with an Evinrude E-tec 200, Lowrance electronics, VHF marine radio and a second electronics box (mounted overhead). I’m anxious to install some additional upgrades and am looking into a Windlass as my first project.

I also wanted to thank everyone on performanceoutdoors.net for taking the time to post questions and comments. I can’t tell you how valuable they were while we were researching which boat to buy. Everyone here seems like good people who genuinely care about their boats and helping others. That is my kind of crowd!

A little history on why I am now a Triumph owner. My last boat was a Ranger and I’ve spent a lot of time in the last few years fishing in local bass tournaments. Somewhere along the line I’ve misplaced the fun and excitement of fishing with the idea that tournament fishing equals work, as that is what it had become. I longed for the day when as a kid I would spend the summers with my grandfather and Dad down at Santee Cooper, with not a care in the world.

I wanted my kids to grow up knowing that inner peace that comes from time spent on the water. I wanted to teach them the thrill of hunting fish and also catching fish. The feeling of your heart skipping several beats when a big fish doubles over your rod.

Our research kept bringing us back to the Triumph line of boats. And although we’ve only had it a month, we could not be happier with our decision! From the ease of loading/unloading, to the dry and stable ride, we are 100% believers in the Triumph technology and quality product. We’ve taken several trips to the lake and are planning a trip for next month for our first saltwater boating experience.

With our Triumph, our family spends much more time together and my kids are discovering the joy of fishing. I look forward to the memories that we’re about to make.

Thank you Triumph!

Sincerely,
Mike Briggs :cool:

There is no substitute for time on the water.

Welcome aboard Mike. You've made my day. This is why I started performanceoutdoors.net as a place for owners to connect, share information on their boats and promote time with family. :cool:

Mike,
Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds very familiar...almost too familiar. I, too, used to do the bass tourney thing, on Lake Marion and Lake Wateree no less. And while I enjoyed the fishing aspect, the constant competing was something that just didn't appeal to me. I still like to bass fish but I no longer care if I loose a 5lb fish at the boat...I release them all now anyway. Now I spend my time chasing the big Blue Catfish that live in my local river. It's a slower pace and way more relaxing.

Congrats on the new boat and please post some pictures when you get the time.

Tight lines.

congrats mike on the 215 i have one myself with a 150 e-tec and love it i know that the 200 is nice. the frist thing i put on my boat was a on board battery charger. that i cant live without. and a year later i am still makeing more mods.i guess you dont ever get finish with a boat injoy your 215 mike and be safe.:D

Congratulations Mike.

Your story is great. Research is what brought us to Triumph. Thanks for sharing.

A windlass sounds like great idea. Have fun.

"With our Triumph, our family spends much more time together and my kids are discovering the joy of fishing. I look forward to the memories that we’re about to make"

Mike, Your quote above is what it is all about. Here's a big WELCOME ABOARD.

Congrats and welcome aboard. I'm still loving my 210 - still looks new after 8 years, and I don't think you'll ever regret going with the 200.

Everything that you have said in your post is 99% the story of my life! I will be taking the wife, kid, mother, and her boyfriend/my friend Mike out on the boat in the morning. I look forward to the day when my little girl walkes up to me a really tells me that she want me to take her fishing. Right now her mommy cons her into it :D! I have had a 374- -R91- - 519DVX- - !!!! I have fished out of many high dollar Ranger boats that always gave me a great feel instead of the constant cleaning, polishing, waxing, and covering! I now have a boat that can take it all and then some with no worries! Great choice and God Bless! Remember to post some pictures of the family fishing. Hopefully I will be able to get some later on today! JB

Back