New to us 170 CC Owner

T

twk

Hello Everyone;
My wife and I got lucky a couple of weeks ago and purchased a 2002 Logic 17CC from our neighbor who upgraded to a party boat. There grandkids are older now and they all want to fish with grandma and grandpa. We live in the Eastern Sierra's in Bishop Calif and plan to fish fresh water here and in the Great Basin. Mostly trout. The boat runs well at 7500 feet where we have it docked. Fishing has been real good up at Grant Lake and much better now that we can stand up and walk around. Our other yacht was a 14' alum boat. Major up grade for us. We were going to buy a tracker, but this boat fell into our hands at a very good price. Thats about all. If any body needs a fishing report for up here,pm me.
Take care
Tim

Hi Tim. Congratulations on the boat and the deal! Welcome to the site. We look forward to some photos of the boat and the fish up your way! ;)

Tim,
Congrats on the "new" boat...you're going to love it!!! As NCangler said, please post lots of pictures...you live in some beautiful country with beautiful fish...it would be a shame not to share!! :D Looking forward to the pics.

Hello Folks;
Thank you for your greetings. I will post some pictures in the future. I can't get over how nice this boat handles in the wind and white caps. Of course, we don't get rough water like in the open ocean.
Tim

You might not realize how lucky you are.

TWK,

I happened upon a Triumph as well. I had looked at them back in 03 and saw one advertised locally that fit the bill. Since I have owned it I have been more appreciative each day that the boat fits the bill for me to a tee. I mainly go out in freshwater here in Florida, through a swamp filled with stumps, and into a cool clear creek. My boat impresses me nealy everytime I take it out. When I am fishing, I idle through spots that no one else will go. When the Triumph runs up on a log, it just slides off, and I do not have to worry about damage to the hull.

I take my grandkids out "Gator Hunting" where we just ease up so that they can get a good look in the wild. The only time I have to back out is when I run across a log that the motor gets caught on.

I love this boat. Best of luck to you and welcome to the club!!! By the way, mine is an 03 170 Cool with a Suzuki 60 Fourstroke. Great fuel economy and I can run 40mph +

Dave

Hi Dave;
I can only run about 23 miles per hour at 4200 rpm. I run the boat at 7500' up here in the mountains. I have a Honda 50 hp. This motor in not an EFI type and feel that the power loss is about correct. I'm basing my last statement on generators that loss 4% of there power per 1000' of elevation. It must be something for you and your grandkids to be able to sneak up on the Gator's. We only have bears and mountain lions, and they can stay out of camp. My wife and I are really have a fun time with our boat and our grandkids really like being able to walk around the boat and help grandpa net fish.
Tim

Back