intro. from a dreamer!

P

phishinphan

hello everyone.

phishinphan here. i've been looking for a new boat and came across the triumphs. what can i say... the bubba test video swayed me!

i don't own a triumph yet, but it's only a matter of time. i hope to contribute to the forum as much as i hope to receive great advice from you all.

thanks for having this community available!

cheers!

Welcome aboard...I'm glad you found us. Triumph is indeed a great brand of boats. I've had my 2003 170CC for over three years now and I still wouldn't want any other boat. Good luck in your search.

question for you on your 17CC. ....

i'm really most interested in the 191 f/s, but alas, i'm not a rich man...

originally our search began with a 17' CC, but we changed to something that is more "family day" friendly.

can you speak to the "pleasure boat worthiness" of yours, or do you only use it for fishing?

thanks!

I use it mostly for fishing. However, I have two teenaged boys and they enjoy being pulled around in a tube from time to time. It works great. When just horsing around, four people in the boat without my fishing gear is not too many. However, if you decide to fish from it, three is a little tight and two is perfect. I have used it to pull a single water skier with no problems...not fast, but did the job. BTW...I have a 60hp Mercury 2 stroke. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Welcome aboard! :D

Welcome phishinphan.

I can only say that we wish we would have purchased a boat sooner vs later. As a family, we would have been better buying a used boat sooner instead of waiting till we could afforded a new boat. You might just check the "Classifieds" on this site for ideas.

We love our 2005 210CC, and I honestly believe that the factory has made improvments each year, BUT, with the modifications you can make yourself to these boats, you can almost make yours like a new model if not better than a new model. Just read what owners have done.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your search. You might also reveal more about your goals with a boat, how you might use it, kids, etc. Might give others ideas to get back to you.

I too once was a dreamer, then purchased the 195DC after initially looking at the 195CC. Wife and three kids love the 195DC! Lots of room for fishing and water toy fun. Very pleased, purchased boat in June 2007, 28 hours later, no complaints. The folks at Meritt Marine were very helpful in outfitting the boat. 191FS also a nice rig. Equpped with the Yamaha 150 4S, plenty of power. Good luck, and welcome to a great resource!

You might also reveal more about your goals with a boat, how you might use it, kids, etc. Might give others ideas to get back to you.

good point!

my main goal is to fish (striped bass mostly) in a moderate - large lake (58,000 acres - Lake Murray, SC) and provide fun for my wife and our friends. we have no kids, but plan on it in the next couple years. i love the 191 f/s, but wish it came in a smaller package, similar to the sea hunt 175 escape. the 170 dc is nice, but, imo, makes some sacrifices of features that the 191 has (the windshield and flip down jump seats, etc).

We bought the '07 191fs in June. (Before this we had a Champion bass style boat with the fish/ski setup.) The 191 is a great boat - lots of storage and exactly the set up we wanted. My wife and I love it and so do the kids 8 & 13. I have a Yamaha 150 2 stroke - I've pulled a 200 pound skier, then 2-130 pound knee boarders, then a 60 pound tuber. Then we folded the back seats down to make the fishing deck and cast netted shad, then went striper fishing below the dam - all this was on the same trip without ever going back to the dock to swap gear or people around. The only trouble we had on this trip was they stopped generating water thru the dam and the fish quit biting.
I can cruise at a pretty steady 18 MPH to pull a knee boarder, and can run 44 MPH with 4 adults and 2 kids on board.

If you go with the 191FS, here are two things: 1) Be sure to have the dealer install the water/fuel separator. I did this myself and it's no fun. 2) If you get the 191 with the bow ladder on it - it makes it real tuff to install a bowmount trolling motor. I am a pretty fair do it yourselfer and it took me a day and a half - 1/2 day of thinking and 1 day of doing. It was worth it though cause it works great.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about the 191FS.

Be Careful Of Those Shealey Boys From Batesburg On The Southern End Of The Lake----they Are Wild And Crazy Guys!!!!i Know This Cause I Spent 5 Years In Saudi Arabia With Them!!!!

Back