2002 170 sportsman

twojay

Registered Member
City
Massapequa
Hello everyone! I am new to boating; I retired and live on Long Island NY and have a house on the ocean in Maine. I am looking at buying a 2002 Triumph Sportsman 170 with a 50 hp honda engine. The owner says it is an open boat that he used for fishing ( I am going to look at it toomorrow; I want the boat to use with the grandkids; 12 kids from 4 yrs to 17yrs), to go out fishing and tour the islands. Safety is my primary concern, hence, an "unsinkable" Triumph. The bubba test convincecd me!!!

Does this model have a bench seat? If not can one be added? What kind of cover can I get to keep out of the sun? Approx cost?

Any and all info you can give me about the boat in general is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the information; I just finalized the purchase of the boat today; I have to register it and get plates for the trailer; it has 1 bench seat and I want to add another. I'll check Boaters world and West Marine.

Will do; I contacted Dick at Merritt marine and he told me to measure where I want to put it and he would have it cut and sent.:)

Back