Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Long time since I got out, destination unknown....we decided to head out west in search of Paddies...we did not quite make it to the 9 as we saw birds crashing....Bonita? barries?? okay lets have some warm up excersise. We trolled through using repalas, instant hook up...SQUID...that was fun for awhile....as My Buddie Duwayne gets one close to the boat.....he gets hosed big time by the squid.
hali_ruahahaha.gif
. Okay we are warmed up off to the paddie seach....we came across 8 + paddies no home, we did have one hit unknown , felt like a squid, but lost in the paddie, which has a tail way over a hundred feet down my estimate. So off towards the Rock pile, but when we saw all the boats, at the middle grounds. I mean A lot of freakin boats, I think the whole cattle boat fleet was there....Hmmm, okay we stopped to play too.
But no one was playing with us, finnaly Duwayne pulls in a baby ling, .....then I did...we moved around trying different spots, on one of retry's, we left the fly line out, just started moving about 1.9 knots, then BAMMM ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ holy doo doo, kill the motor. 10 minutes later which felt like an hour..21.7 pound yellow. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
After she is bled and tucked away, we said lets try that again...Out goes the fly lines off to a nice slow troll....100 yards or so..Bammmm again...same pole ..Hee hee mine. I had to work fast on this one ..Mr seal was right behind the fish, but we were able to land uneaten. 19.7 pounds. Then all quite, we went back to the drift fishing leaveing the fly lines out...Getting late, I want to hit the Flatie spot...so we started to slow troll over there,,,and Bammm here we go again, as my pole gets hit.....17.5 pounder on board. We trolled all the way past the north island, for no more, then back to the barn.....Long day, but it was fun, Duwayne did a fine job of gaffing, and handing my pole belt as I am such a baby, ahhhh what a difference it makes. All toll for the day, 2 lings released, mutilble Squid released, One Flying rat released UN HARMED. 3 yellows.

Attachments

• 100_2196 yellows 5-26-07.jpg
    100_2196 yellows 5-26-07.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_2191 yellow 5-26-07.jpg
    100_2191 yellow 5-26-07.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 29
Congrats on getting into the YTs. I'm jealous - wish they could be found up north. My favorite eating fish....Got out for salmon last friday, but just managed one. Since it was a coho, it is still swiming......Barry

What's happening? There is a name or two I recognize. I am all about joining the yellow craze. I just need to go whack me a long tail first to stock the freezer.

Back