Just a doy out with the Boy...

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
Just a day out with the Boy...

Well my Son graduated High School on the Friday the 13th. Yesterday I decided since I was off work and he didnt have to work that we would go to Mountain Island Lake to fish, swim and cruize.

We got there late around 10:00 am. We went to the Cowens Ford Dam and fished the rocks with rooster tail spinners and only caught a mess of small Bream. We moved down river a 100 yards to fish an old sunken bridge. I cast across the sunken supports and caught a 15+ inch large mouth. Soon after Josh caught a 14 inch and we caught 4 more smaller ones. After a few hours of casting we beached the 195DC on a sand bar and went swimming. We also set Catfish Lines and caught 7 cats of medium to small. Then the storms started rolling in and we headed for home.

All Fish caught were released at the time they were caught so we can enjoy them later, I hope.

Nice day on the lake.

Attachments

• Josh Lil Fish Resize.jpg
    Josh Lil Fish Resize.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Roger  Bass Resize.jpg
    Roger Bass Resize.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Josh Catfish Resize.jpg
    Josh Catfish Resize.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks Cagrove, we had a blast. I would have been just as happy even if we hadnt caught anything. But the catch is still good...LOL.

Congrats Josh on graduating.
Thfireman, you are right just being able to spend time together with your son is the greatest time of all.
Jim W

Back