Just purchased 1999 Logic 17DC

cdaniel76

Registered Member
City
Slidell
Hello all,

I just purchased a 1999 17DC and look forward to being a member of this forum.

The boat needs a little TLC here and there, but is otherwise in great condition. It came with a 1999 Honda 50hp that I thought might be underpowered, but after taking it for a test run with 2 people it feels just fine to me. I'm using it primarily to fish the marshes, bayous, bays and lakes here in Southeast Louisiana (New Orleans Area) so I won't be pulling skiers or anything and I'm happy with the performance.

I look forward to interacting with as many as yall as possible.

-Chris
Slidell, LA

Here's a picture of her:
CIMG0065a-1.jpg

Hi Chris. Congratulation on the 170 and welcome aboard! :cool:

Congrats Chris......Your gonna like that 50hp four stroke when your at the gas pump........Enjoy

Welcome

Glad to see your deal went through and you are happy with the boat's performance. I am sure you will not regret your decision. These are great boats.
Welcome aboard.

Hi Chris glad to see you got her. I have the same boat mine is the 2001. I got it in 2002 and have a 60hp johnson. Plenty of power and great in the flats and backwaters. If you have any problems or if you have any ideas give a holler. James

Welcome Aboard
I would ask either Merritt Marine or Triumph if they have a few "Triumph" hull stickers they can send to you as one of your first upgrades. I would send you some, but I gave my last few leftovers to James (Jebsr50) for his ;)

Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm sure you will find plenty of those big Redfish with this 170.

Congrats on your new arrival...

Welcome to the family.:)

New Orleans Triumph Owner

Hey Chris congratulations on your 17DC, I live in New Orleans, recently purchased a 17CC and have enjoyed it immensely. My boat is powered with a 2007 Suzuki 70 four stroke that cruises at 26 mph at 4200 r.p.m., with a little over 32 mph top end @ 6000 r.p.m., all measured on GPS. This should give you some ideas on what to expect, remember that my four stroke 70 weighs in at a whopping 341 pounds. Enjoy your boat!

Hey Chris congratulations on your 17DC, I live in New Orleans, recently purchased a 17CC and have enjoyed it immensely. My boat is powered with a 2007 Suzuki 70 four stroke that cruises at 26 mph at 4200 r.p.m., with a little over 32 mph top end @ 6000 r.p.m., all measured on GPS. This should give you some ideas on what to expect, remember that my four stroke 70 weighs in at a whopping 341 pounds. Enjoy your boat!

So I know this is an OLD post but I just wanted to post an update. Since purchasing this boat in December, last year, I've had it in the water a total of 8 times. I knew going into the purchase that using it early this year would be tough since my son was born in January. Anyway, I thought the 50hp was going to be enough, but once I got so start using it more regularly starting this September, and with 1 other person and all the fishing gear in it, it was just too sluggish. So I started looking and searching and found a 75hp Yamaha 2 stroke that I got for a good price and then had someone lined up to buy my Honda for even more that I paid for the Yamaha. NOW, I'm happy. With the same load mentioned above, I'm getting 37-38mph top speed and cruising at 30-31mph. Plenty of power now and she takes off and planes out in a heartbeat.

When I first got her, the bilge pump and nav/anchor lights weren't working. I tried changing the fuses and bulbs but that didn't work. Tested them with a test light and wasn't getting power to the bulbs. The fuse panel was all corroded so I replaced that with a "blade" fuse type fuse block and now I have working lights and bilge pump.

Loving this boat and learning all the good fishing areas around me. The Speckled Trout have been ON FIRE down here the last month or so!

Back