Large Mouth Spawn is on in NC

joeygumbo

Registered Member
Great weather the last two weeks water temps around 59 and Bass are shallow and nailing the spinnerbait and jig. These two both went over 4 lbs. The second pic is from my trip to LA marshes three weeks ago. The board that the last row of fish are laying on is a 2x12. Just to excited about catching fish out of my new triumph to keep to myself.

Attachments

• HPIM0307.jpg
    HPIM0307.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM0529.jpg
    HPIM0529.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 36
Very nice catch! ;)

Charlotte area advice

Hey Joegumbo,

The fish look great. I live in charlotte and have a new 170CC. I've taken my son fishing a couple of times without luck. I think the cold snap has slowed things down. Any adivice on how or where we can land the first large mouth in our new boat? We have been fishing mostly at Cane Creek in Union county. Smaller lake. Not very crowded and reported to have a great largemouth population.

Any advice is appreciated.

They are on beds in wylie right now. Go to this website and keep up with the board and they will definitely help you get that first LM in your new triumph. I mostly fish wylie and am a beginner when it comes to deepwater no grass fishing.

www.fishingwithrusty.com

Thanks for the tips. I landed the first fish this weekend. 2lb large mouth. I lanede it on a Zoom floating work (junebug) at Cane Creek. Landed a few smaller ones also. How's your luck been lately?

Back