Little River, SC Fishing/ Nav. Help

Jim Jenkins

Participating Member
City
Candler
Anyone or all who have experience fishing out of Little River, South Carolina please respond with information on fishing in that area early July and any gotchas to look out for navigating the waters in that area.

Will be staying in North Myrtle with friends and plan to trailer my 195 CC to the area for 2-3 days on the water. Will trailer up to Little River to a marina yet to be identified to launch for fishing/ boating in this area.

Have experience in the Hatteras and Cape Lookout areas inshore and off shore fishing for dolphin, kings, wahoo plus spanish and blues near shore. Have caught puppy drum, trout and flounder inside. Just don't know anything about the Little River area.

Help Please.

Jim,
I have not fished out of Little River inlet,but I've fished out of Lockwood Folly and Southport. The fishing should be good then for kings. There are quite a few artificial reefs in the area that will produce some bottom fish and will draw kings to it. Just make sure you have NC and SC saltwater fishing license if you'll be going back and forth accross the state line somewhere in there.Good Luck
John D.

Back