Lobster Slayer

BarryB

Contributing Member
City
Pembroke Pines
When storms (tropical storm Fay) pass by South Florida, the Caribbean Spiny lobster gets a bit lost.

Saturday, I took my buddies Greg (the lobster slayer on ScubaRadio.com) and James out on the boat for some bug hunting. Between limited viz and their need to find deeper water the lobsters were walking out in the open during the day. Needless to say, we limited out on one dive (18 lobster) and could have caught more had their not been a limit.

Sunday, Greg, James, John and I dove off the beach and again limited out, 6 per person/per day = 24 lobster.

There were plenty of divers catching their limit on Saturday and Sunday. Guess we will have to wait for another storm to come by.

when does your season start?? Ours in ca starts oct 1st..I have not dove for bugs in awhile...abit of table mucsle going on. :-}} but I do the hooping still.

Mmmmm Lobster

Hi Gen. & PS,

Mini lobster season (sometimes called sports season) is a two day event the last Wednesday and Thursday of July. The regular season starts August 6th.

Yep, PS, If you had been there, and had a SW fishing license with crawfish permit, I would have done just that. :D

Well, there is another storm brewing, by the time it gets here, it will be time to fill the freezer again.

Back