lower unit oil

BarrNone

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Newark
Any idea how much oil I need for lower unit for DF140? Getting ready to winterize and want to make sure I get enough instead of getting half way through and having to run and get more.

Barr None ,
I fill my Yamaha like PuterShark does.Yamaha has a hand pump that fits into their gallon size lower unit oil can.It also has a fiting that screws on to the lower oil fill drain.You just pump til it "pukes" then put the plug/screw in the top of your lower unit and then take the pump line off and replace with the lower plug.Its much easier than using the single tubes which gets your hands so slick that you cannot replace the plug without dropping it several times. Suzuki should have the same system.Good luck.
John D.

I believe the capacity is 35.5 oz. Also Brown's Point Marine Service has all the Suzuki stuff, including the pump to fill the lower unit. Suzuki Marine Outboard Parts & Accessories - Browns Point Marine Service I agree with Putershark, can't beat Amsoil. I've used it for years; cars, planes, and next oil and filter change on the boat, too (just gettin' 'er well broken-in first).....;)

Back