Memorial Weekend Fishing

Arrgh......couldn't find a "drool" icon to post.......good eatin' there!! :)

It doesn't get much better on the grill than that! Congratulations! :cool:

Nice, is there a size limit on them? Here is Florida we are allowed to keep one and it has to be at least 33". I had a monster last week fought for twenty minutes 30 plus pounds, ended up pulling the hook. Did get one 28" that had to release...

OK a little early versus Memorial Day as I caught them yesterday, all nice fat 36" striped bass (or rockfish for you guys down south :)).

Attachments

• IMG_20130522_133927.jpg
    IMG_20130522_133927.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
37 inch minimum for cobia here in Texas. I've haven't been able to find one that big yet :(

Also did some bottom fishing, couldn't get pass all the HUGE red snapper!
Lost 3 jigs to some very very big ones, couldn't crank the drag any harder.
Can't wait till next month.

Well, lake fishing didn't happen as my exhaust temp sensor went off! Has anyone replaced one of these? Just glad it didn't go off in the Gulf.

So, Temp code, 1-5 warning light with restricted rpms to protect the engine occurred. Purchased a Exhaust Temp Sensor for the 2002 Suzuki DF140 and installed and no more warning! I ran the motor without sensor (basically a bolt that sits inside the exhaust manifold exposed to the heat and water) and saw a steady stream of water out the bolt hole so no real overheating problem, just an old corroded bolt with 2 wires on it. The new sensor/bolt has a coating to keep it from corroding as the newer models of Zukes either do not have an exhaust temp sensor (just uses a cylinder sensor) or the bolt stops in the metal and doesn't continue into the water.

Sensors, ya gotta love em. Most of the trouble indications that occur are a result of a defective sensor. That's technology for ya.

Over engineering or is it just better quality? Maybe just the cost of technology and computerization of everything.
Yes they can prevent totally ruining a motor but what prevents a sensor from being ruined....nothing. Glad it is a diy project. Browns Point Marina and Boats.net have been good sources for Suzuki parts so far.

Back