Modifiying boat lift for 215 cc

B

Bsauce

Hey guys,
We just bought a 2007 triumph 215 cc. We have a boat lift but are going to need to modify it to meet the requirements of our new boat. Right now it just has two support beams that held up our 17 ft bass tracker. Could you guys help me out? Were probably going to hire someone to do it but want to make sure we have the right requirements and he does it right. Thank you for your time
Bryan

I had the same issue. I just purchased a 215cc and have a lift with only two bunks. I contacted the EZ Loader boat trailer folks (Jeremy Pack at [email protected]) and work out the delivery of a cradle to sit across my existing lift. The cradle is about 80% of a trailer. It has most everything from the frame up. All I had to do was carry the new frame down to the doc, remove the existing bunks, set the new cradle in place, lift the front about 2" and bolt it down with some all thread. I need to replace the all thread with 4 Clovous hangers and 1/2" all tread, but for now it works just fine. Additionally I ordered the wench post with the roller but with out the wench. I can pul forward to the perfect stopping point. The existing bunks will act as a nice walk board on each side.
Attached Thumbnails

response to Big Al

Big Al-
Thanks a lot for the EZ loader cradle idea for bunks for the boat lift of the 215cc. It brings to mind many questions. Would you mind sending me a phone number to contact you with via my email at [email protected].
BSauce

I'm new to the forum and searched for update as to how best to modify an existing standard dock boat lift to accommodate a
215 cc.

I like the EZ loader cradle idea, however any other solutions as to how best to do so is appreciated. Looking for a cost effective way to do so.

Thanks.

Big Al-
Thanks a lot for the EZ loader cradle idea for bunks for the boat lift of the 215cc. It brings to mind many questions. Would you mind sending me a phone number to contact you with via my email at [email protected].
BSauce

I did the same thing as Big Al for my 170cc. It worked out really well. I don't have pictures to share but can answer any questions you have. It is really straight forward. Hardest part is getting enough guys to help get it in place. It's not light!

My dock does not go around my entire lift so I did add a board between the lift "I" beams on the far side to provide something to walk on. I really helps with putting on a cover and cleaning. I would like to make this out of alum down the road but that is pretty expensive.

If you go this route, one thing to consider is spraying any holes you drill in the frame when mounting with cold galvanizing spray to prevent rust down the road.

Back