mooring/travel cover

mattie

Registered Member
City
East Dubuque
I want to add a cover to my 15'cc. Is there a specific retainer that must be used, or can you use ordinary snaps in the hull? I would like to do this right the 1st time, so am open to comments from anyone. E-mailed the manufacturer, and they were no help at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

mattie

Hi Mattie. I'm not sure what you mean by a retainer but I think you can use screw in snaps on the boat, but be sure to use RULE Elastomeric to seal each screw. You might want to touch base with your dealer though about it. I use a cover on my boat that is draped down the side of the hull and uses tie down straps to connect to the trailer to keep it tight.

I would not use snaps for that is just something else to rust and break :mad:

When I had mine made and though designed for travel, I do not to keep the wind from pulling on the stitching on that very expensive sunbrella cover. But my does live on the boat anytime the boat is not in the water which is 99.9 % of the time since it sets near Orange tree which if left uncovered, can make a royal mess out of the boat.

Now I had it made though to use a draw string at the stern that pulls in from each side. It also uses bungee cords to help hold it down on the trailer, this from sewn in loops. Pictures of my custom cover (it even covers the mounted trolling motor) are in the 190 Mods photo album ;)

Back