Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
For years I used an application called Radar Now, until I found this App called My Radar http://myradar.com/ a few months ago :cool:

This little puppy has served me well while running around on the Skiff, and really does not appear to use a lot of data when I cannot reach a local WiFi hotpots.

What I also like and I feel some may not 1st find, is by going into the layers setting, one can really fine tune this application and tweak the display to suit your needs. For myself, that was wind direction so you may to want to also enable it and fine tune it color wise for best viewing on your device ;) Now this video below is a extreme example, but you can see how the application displays winds so you can help see when Storms may pop up.

Here in Florida the majority of our heavy (sometimes insane) afternoon downpours is due to what is called Sea Breeze collision Storms and is a air mass battle between the Atlantic and the Gulf as it marches across and then smash into each other across the State as the day progresses and gets hotter. Here is a good example video of such...

So being able to see that air flow movement on your screen along with a good eye to the sky... You might be able to get a early indication of when to head back to the dock before you feel like you are trying to drive your boat through a car wash :rolleyes: As I have discussed with others, radar only shows where it is now, not where it is always headed or worse yet, pop up over you :oops:

Try it and see how it works for you? Hard to beat free when it comes to trying pretty much anything :cool:

Stay safe!
Dave

This is one of the few Applications that I have upgraded (paid for updates) and so far, the extras have worked well. Now the Nexrad II radar upgrade has been giving me some trouble... Jovan from My Radar though, is working with me to address the software glitch and has been most helpful! So I feel pretty confident it will be corrected soon. The HD level Radar layer works very well, so not like I am running around blind by any means ;)

Along these same lines, I now have one of these mounts to hold my phone on the grab bar of my console so my Phone while inside it's Lifeproof Box is always in quick view...

crowfoot-1.jpg

phone mount.jpg

And more information on these mounts (seems pretty secure thus far) can be found here: http://cawcar.com/products.html#crowfoot

Be safe, and always keep a eye to the sky!
Dave

And don't forget! They also have a Windows version that you can install from the Microsoft Store. Works 10 times better than the one found on your start in Windows 10 ;)

And from their You Tube Channel are some tips on how to get it all set up for your needs :cool:

Stay Safe!
Dave

I've been using the app for about 3 years now. Love it!

Back