new 170 cc owner

S

scrappler

Hello all . I just purchased a new 2004 170cc with a new 2004 etec 75 on it. The boat was a left over from a dealer that stop carrying triumph. The just sell power boats now. Asking questions here helped me make my decision. I hope to take it out tomorrow. Trying to get ideas on putting rod holders in the boat and a trolling motor. Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Congratulations Dennis! I'm glad the site has been helpful to you and we look forward to seeing photos of your new boat and posts from you in the future. :)

Hey Dennis, Way to go on your new 170CC. It's a great little boat, I've had mine for a little over a year now and every time I take it out(almost weekly), I still get that same exciting feeling as I had the first time I took it out. Feel free to E-mail or PM me if you have any questions or if you just want to chat about fishing Crystal River.
Good Luck with your new boat:)
Brian

thanks Brian. I have only fished out at crystal river once. We put in at Ft Island beach. This is only my second time salt water fishing. I fished in steinhatchee about a month ago in a tournament. I had a 05 1860 Fisher jon with a 50 on it. Well those two times got me hooked. That is why i bought this boat. I hope to learn Crystal river, Homasassa, Ozella that is not to far for me to travel.

Dennis

Dennis,

Congrats on your new boat, you're gonna love it.

Tom

17cc

Mr Scrappler,

Good choice on the boat!!! I have just what you have and I love it. I do alot of fishing by myself and I can put it in the water and take it out with no problems. If someone does come with me, there is plenty of room to fish. Good luck with the boat and enjoy it.

Greenapple

Hi, I'm new here,too and would like to get insights/ suggestions on a kicker motor if any has it.Thanks.

mikan68,
Sorry~~can't help you there, don't use one.
Greenapple

Great Boat

I have the 170 DC (Would rather have CC) with a Yamaha 75 . Best little boat ever. Easy when solo , Fun and just enough room for my family when they decide I shouldn't be fishing.
I am new here too (First post).

YOU WILL ENJOY IT !!!! MY NEXT BOAT WILL BE A TRIUMPH (JUST BIGGER & CC).

Owner of a new 06 Triumph 170CC

Hello,

I just bought a 170 cc with a Honda 75 hp. I love this boat!!!

I took it on its maiden voyage on the Rehoboth bay, in DE. It took a chop very well and I was impressed.

The one thing I wasn't big on was the width of the bench seat with the cooler below. I found it hard to swing around to the back of the boat in rough seas. You kind of hang over the side a little.

Therefore I am looking to replace the seat with a pedestal type seat. Has anyone done this, or is there a seat someone might recommend? Currently I am looking at the Todd 1000 seat.

See you on the water,
Jim

RE:Or you can do what one of the members did and install a 190 leaning post on yours

Hey,

Thanks for responding. I will be looking at that type of seat too. I need room in the back.

Jim

Boat name: H2 HO'

hi scrappler, i also have a 17cc and a 2006 75 etec, i talked to my dealer about a kicker and he said there would be no problems trolling down with this motor. i have 38 hrs on it and he is right no problems i can troll down to 1.4 knts for hours with no problems.

Back