Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I was Reel Time! on the old Triumph Boat Owners site. Had some technical issues so now I'm Offshoreman. I was a 215 owner after a less than stellar experience with a couple of other boats. Absolutely loved my 215 that I bought in 2007. And though I'm the happy owner of a "new" 235, I wish I had never sold the 215.

In 2015 I had the bright idea to trade "up" to a diesel pilothouse. The short story is water entered the turbo charged intake while out to sea at 3900 rpm's and we thought we were on fire and were sinking after the explosion of parts. Took the boat back to it's manufacturer, repaired and repowered and then sold it. Too much $$$ for a toy.

I went out looking for the boat I wish I had in the first place, a 235. Bought a 2008 with only 66 hours on it and it's engine. Talk about brand new.

Now I'm retiring this coming Friday (Nov 2, 2018) at 50 years old. Lot's of careful financial planning and presto magico - I'm free!

I am a member of a few other boating sites and I want to say that this forum has maintained it's dignity and respect for others, unlike some other sites. So, thank you for your courtesy and respect for others and their points of view while using this forum as it was intended - a friendly sharing of info with others with the same interests.

Martin

Attachments

• First Time Out 235cc.jpg
    First Time Out 235cc.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 12
Amen, brother. Been on a number of forums that just weren't worth the trouble with the egos and the out and out disrespect for others. Randy has always run a stand-up forum, and the members have all been top notch. I joined in '09 after purchasing my first boat ever. I've learned so much here.

I retired at age 50, back in '97. Never looked back. You won't regret it.

Back