C

cavener

Hi just found this site and decided it would come in handy to be able to chat with other triumph owners. I bought a 215 cc 7/26/06 with a 150 yamaha 4 stroke and so far am quite pleased with the boat. I do a lot of inshore fishing in the long island sound and a little sharking off the jersey and montauk ny coast and was wondering if there was any other offshore fishermen in here?

Cavener, welcome to the web site.

Glad you found us and that you decided to join in. Lots of good people and great information available.

Again, welcome.

Welcome aboard cavener and congratulations on your Triumph! :)

Welcome to the site cavener. You have a great boat. I have the same one and love it also. I do most all my fishing offshore here in the Cape Fear area. Best of luck and post some pictures of your boat and what you catch. Bob

Welcome to the site Cavener! I cannot speak for the rest, but I spend a lot time offshore. I do a lot sharking also. Getting things ready for tourney season out here on the west coast. Anyway, enjoy the site! Lots of great people and good info here.

Tylerderdan thanks for the reply. I was wondering what was the worst water you had your boat in and how did it handle? I have been fishing the Long Island sound and the water has been up to 3ft. seas with my 215 cc handling it pretty well. I am planning a few shark trips and tuna off the Montauk NY coast and living on the east coast I have to travel a little farther out to do this and was curious what to expect with my boat.

Tylerderdan thanks for the reply. I was wondering what was the worst water you had your boat in and how did it handle? I have been fishing the Long Island sound and the water has been up to 3ft. seas with my 215 cc handling it pretty well. I am planning a few shark trips and tuna off the Montauk NY coast and living on the east coast I have to travel a little farther out to do this and was curious what to expect with my boat.

The first weekend I had my boat I fished a thresher shark tourney. We made a 35 mile the second day of the tourney in 3 to 5 seas with a decent wind chop on top. We had no problems at all. The largest swell I have had the boat in was this past weekend out fishing for albacore. I checked the swell model when I got home to get an accurate reading, and it said there were swells up to 6.6 feet. We had some good spacing in between and not too much wind wave either, only about 2 feet. I still ran about 20 knots running with the swell.

Enjoy the boat, and don't be affraid to run her. I run mine hard and expect a lot of a boat. If you have any questions about sharking, let me know.

Once again thanks for the reply and info. I figured the boat would be able to handle the open water but I wanted to hear it from another owner. I actually downsized from a 24ft wellcraft to this boat and so far am very happy with it. I have more fishing room and I go out alone sometimes and it is easy to handle. Let me know about your shark and tuna trips and I will post also. Once again thanks Cavener

Back