New owner here

baileydale

Registered Member
Hello everyone. David from Sanford, NC here. Went to Ga last weekend and got a pretty good deal on a 2001 Logic 210 with a 130 Johnson. Looking forward to some better weather so I can really try her out. I think I am really going to like her even though she is a BIG change in my thinking!!! I was all set to go with a 24 Albemarle express but after a LOT of thought decided that I would use the Logic much more and for a lot of different activities. I have learned a lot from this site already and will have a lot of questions as I get her ready to go. My current list of things to do: Add a water/fuel filter ( can't believe she doesn't have one already)
Trim Tabs ( Bennetts of course ) A t-top ( sure would like suggestions on this one ) And fix or at least mitigate the water in the storage compartments problem. Glad the board is here and hopefully I will be able to contribute some.
David BTW.......Thinking of nameing her " Country Logic "

Welcome to the site David. I live right up the road between Raleigh and Fuquay-Varina. If you're looking for a local dealer to assist with anything on the boat, contact Dick Cabble at Merritt Marine. You've probably seen some of Dick's posts in the "Tech Talk" forum. There may be another dealer closer to you but I'm not sure. If they are on the site they can certainly join in to say hello.
I like "Country Logic", good name, and a good state of mind. :)

Blessings!

welcome to he group

david
welcome to the family :lol:
i have the exact set up as you. i bought my '01 210cc in '04 from merritt and they put a new 130 johnson on it. i currently have a propulse 4 blade set at 19 pitch.
we have a super t-top builder here in farmville nc . check out www.modlinswelding.com for their products. i have pics in the gallery and it is superior to the factory furnished one.
merritt had already put the box drains in and i prefer the drains out the bottom as opposed to the way the factory is currently doing them into the bilge.
tight lines
robert[/url]

Have you considdered SmartTabs? I used them on my 17'Logic wt 90 Merc 2s. Turned the Hot rod into a sports car. Great hole shot, no torque list and 45+ top end. Thinking about putting a pair on my 190.

Robert, I added a link to Modlins Welding in the 'Links' section of the site. Nice looking work. I think we have a member online too (stainlessseller) that does T-Tops as well. I hope Kevin will post some info about his company in the 'Meet and Greet'.

ReelDive, got a link to SmartTabs that we can see?

Thanks for the welcome everyone

IL-LOGIC-AL GGC, what are some of the #'s you get with the 130? WOT, cruise, fuel useage? I voted yes on the fishing turney but would mainly just like a gathering to check out everyones boat. Meet/greet and steal ideas !!! :lol:

david

my dealer furnished the boat with a 21" pitch 3 blade s.s. prop which they say give the best cruising numbers and only turned 5200 rpms at w.o.t. speed has never been an issue to me , i need to be able to be able to punch thru Oregon Inlet when it is 4-6-8 ft seas against the tide or Pamlico Sound when it is blowing with 3-5 footers every 3 seconds. i just put a propulse 4 blade vari pitch prop and i have only test run the river . i can adjust the pitch and at 20" i turn about 5600 for cruising and at 19" i turn 5900 which is where i was told by others is the ideal wot range when i need the torque to punch thru the rough stuff. at 17" i went over 6000. ive got it set at 19 and it jumps on plane pronto and if it ever quits blowing n-ne 20+ i hope to get up to O/I and try it out. i do know i can adjust up to 20 if i ever go out for a day of cruising (which i hope i never get talked into doing!!!)

not to take anything away from bennett, lord knows tabman has been a true friend to this site as well as the old one. just check out the link to his site and you will get all the help you need. but i put on lenco electric tabs just as a personal preference and ease of the install and how i chose to route the cables back to the helm. i didn't want the lines running thru my rear storage boxes.

i am looking foward to us guys just getting together to enjoy our mutual interest in these boats. any goodies will be a nice extra

now as for the ideas deal, you will probably never be around so many people that look foward to giving their friends a chance to see how they have improved these boats as the guys at our tourny. i have done more things to my boat than i can remember and you are welcome to incorporate as many as you want for the small fee of a diet dr pepper!!!
bring a camera and alot of film and you will be set to make your mods.
just fire away with your questions and we will be happy to help any way we can

tight lines

Berto

david-- check this boat test out

i found this 210cc triumph boat test after my above reply to you.

the johnson is actually a 140 suzuki, which i'm sure you know.

here it is , click and this will give you the numbers you need http://suzukimarine.com/boatbuilders/boattests/tiumph210mibokv2.php

i will try to find a local dealer i can trade the 21" props i have for 1 of these 18" suzukis

robert

Back