New Owner of a 2008 Triumph 170 DC

Zork

Registered Member
City
Glen Ellyn
Hello everyone.
Excited to be part of this online community. I just bought my 2008 Triumph 170 DC. When we went to pick it up I had no idea what a journey it would be. We were caught a little off guard leaving 70F weather near Miami expecting a casual trip back to Chicago. What we ended up with was a snow storm through the south while pulling this boat through the mountains. Good thing I own a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

We finally made it home safe and sound. Now comes clean up time for the boat. It is currently resting in its garage nice and warm...lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us! :cool: And glad you made it home safe! :)

Welcome. Wow normally won't see a boat being towed through that. I have a jeep and guess you got 9 MPG doing this in four wheel. Good thing gas is cheap.

That is a sin against boats to drag that sweet little thing from Miami's Sun-n-fun into that bitter cold white misery. :eek:

You got determination dude.....Welcome aboard. :)

Hey Maxg94,
You were right on, 9.6MPG..LOL

Hi Push&Pull,
Well I was getting her home one way or another.. No winter storm was going to stop me...:)
My backup plan was to abandon the Jeep and just motor my way up the coast to the St. Lawerance and then to the Great Lakes. Once on Lake Michigan I would feel right at home. :)

Hey Maxg94,
You were right on, 9.6MPG..LOL

My backup plan was to abandon the Jeep and just motor my way up the coast to the St. Lawerance and then to the Great Lakes. Once on Lake Michigan I would feel right at home. :)

There are pics on here of Triumphs surviving Hurricanes. Would have been cool adding some pics of the world's toughest boat as an "icebreaker" ;)

When I bought the Jeep everyone said how good the milage was. Well I think they said 20 MPG highway. One review put it best- Not bad for pushing a 4000 lb brick through the air. I got 14 mpg when i towed my 150CC in the summer to the beach.

Sweet lookin' bit of plastic but she looks like she needs some cleaning and de-icing!! ;)

Back