New Triumph 170 DC owner

2manytoyz

Completed the purchase of a 2008 170 DC yesterday. Ordered it with the optional rear seating, depth finder, and trolling motor. Consequently, it won't be ready to pick up until next Saturday as they have to do the install of this hardware. Also went with the Yamaha 60 4-stroke as they have a 6 year warranty at the moment, which also covers the gauges and steering linkage.

Looks like it'll do everything we want. Can't wait 'til next weekend!

Located on the Space Coast of FL.

Robert

Congratulations Robert! And welcome aboard. Post some pictures in the Photos section when you get her on the water. ;)

Congratulations, on your new boat. We spend Jan-Mar at TGO in Titusville. Bought our 150CC last year from Boaters Exchange in Rocklege. Maybe we'll see you on the Indian River this winter!
Bill

Welcome, Robert. Congratulations on the new boat. We bought our 2003 170DC in April, and have managed to get over 100 hours on it over the summer. Loved almost every minute, although the 3 ft+ waves we get in a few of the high country lakes here in Colorado did make for a couple of pretty wet (and cold) outings. The boat can definitely take rougher water than I can!

Ron

Hey, Robert! My husband and I just bought the same boat in the Tampa area and will be picking it up next week/ We sure are hoping to enjoy it--and hope you will too!

Sarah

Congratulations, on your new boat. We spend Jan-Mar at TGO in Titusville. Bought our 150CC last year from Boaters Exchange in Rocklege. Maybe we'll see you on the Indian River this winter!
Bill

Small world, same place we bought ours! A friend from work (Sam) sings at the TGO Friday nights. Also a fellow RVer. I fulltimed for a couple of years locally in a 36' Class A. Have since sold it, downsized to a 25' TT, and bought a house once again. Only 41, so too young to retire just yet.

To the rest of ya, THANKS for the welcome!

:D

Hey, Robert! My husband and I just bought the same boat in the Tampa area and will be picking it up next week/ We sure are hoping to enjoy it--and hope you will too!

Sarah

It seems to be a very popular boat. We bought the last one on the lot. They have more on order. We looked at a LOT of boats before deciding on the DC. The CC didn't offer the seating for passengers that the DC does. And still is an open design for fishing. Unique!

Stopped by the dealership today to sign the paperwork. Afterwards, we went by the service center in the back to see the progress. Trolling motor installed already, and found a handful of the plastic shavings from the holes they've drilled. Grabbed them for future repairs (idea from reading this forum). Backrests for rear seat installed. Last thing is the depth gauge. It'll be done by tomorrow. Still on for the test ride on Saturday, then take possession afterwards.

While we were at the dealership last weekend, we ran into a couple raving about how much they like their Triumph. Had it a year, blah blah. Turns out, that was my Boss's daughter and son-in-law. Thought she looked familiar (hadn't seen her in years). Again, small world.

Maybe someday we can meet and show each other some good local fishing areas!

Back