New (to me) 2007 17CC

Caps in EBB

Registered Member
City
Chicago
I had my new-to-me 2007 17CC delivered to my summer place in East Boothbay on Friday June 17th. The driver met me at the launch at 9:00AM, low tide so I couldn't launch the boat then. He dropped the trailer there, at my request.

I had a friend with a pickup and hitch put the baot in the water at 1:30, high tide but by then the weather had really turned ugly. I decided to go for it anyway, I wanted to bring the boat to my float in Little River because I was heading back to Chicago early the next day.

So my first full trip in the Triumph 17CC was in 4-6 foot swells in Liniken Bay, out into and around The Point to my place on Little River, and you know what? I never once felt uncomfortable being out there. ****! I like this boat. I can't wait until I am back for a very long July 4th weekend to enjoy it again.

Any of you in the Boothbay area who happen to know where to bring the kids for some good mac or striper fishing, I would be grateful for some "inside" knowledge.

Congratulations on the 170CC ands welcome aboard! :cool:

I live in Boothbay Harbor and traded in our 2009 170cc for a leftover 2009 215cc this year. We were out today and it was great.
I haven't been fishing since moving up here, so can't help you with "inside" info. With the special regs they have on the lower Sheepscott and around Townsend Gut, I suspect those might be pretty good.
Welcome aboard.
If you see another Triumph in the harbor, it's probably us.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. The mackeral were hitting in Little River on Saturday as the tide was coming in, was catching them right off the float, to bad I had to leave to get back to the rat race. Hope they are still in the area when I return with the kids for the long 4th weekend. I'll look for you out there this summer.

Welcome aboard. When I used to live in Chicago I spent alot of time fishing the Channel Lakes, Fox, Grass and Pistakee and the lower fox River. It was great Pike and Walleye fishing.

Back