new to the group

gullchaser1961

Registered Member
City
Baldwinsville
would like to say hello to all, I just purchased a cc170 with a 60hp yamaha motor. I bought this boat this past july after it was repossessed from what we can tell it was used just 1 season and seems to have been very well taken care of, as i am in upstate NY just minutes from the shore of lake ontario it will spend much of its life there. i have been looking at the pictures of fm radio as well as vhf radio not alot of dash room but in sure i will come up with something. well the snow is now melted and not lomg before i get the boat out and have some fun

Welcome aboard gullchaser1961. I moved your post to its own thread in our Meet and Greet forum so we can welcome you officially. Glad to have you join us. :)

Welcome gullchaser1961.

May I please suggest that you go to the "photos" section and see what you can find that other 170 have done.

You may, after looking things obver, come up with a better idea. If so, please share pictures.

My son and I listened to others and went to best buy, purchased the unit we wanted with a warranty. It was NOT a marine rated unit, but 5 years later it is still working.

Welcome, from another Great Lakes (Lake Erie) Triumph owner.
Looks like most of our ice is down toward your end now.
Here is a great link to watch the ice packs on the Great Lakes via daily NASA satalite photos.
CoastWatch Great Lakes Map
Roger

Welcome aboard gullchaser1961, nice choice in boats.

Gullchaser,
Welcome aboard. I know you'll enjoy the 170CC.It is a great boat for its size and the 60 hp Yamaha should push it fine. You may want to consider a hand held VHF.It may serve your purpose where you'll be boating. I think the range is about 5-7 miles. It worked well for me when I had a 170CC. You don't have to worry about an antennae. They make some good handheld VHF's now. Lightweight and waterproof. Good luck and enjoy installing all of your goodies on your toy. Find out where you can purchase some (Rule) Elastomeric sealant before you need it and you'll be all set.
John D.

Welcome aboard! Of course, I may be a little biased but I think you bought the best boat in the Triumph line (did I say a "little biased"?). I had a hand held VHF on my boat until this past winter when I upgraded to a mounted DSC capable model. There is room on the console for all of your "toys" you just have to think it all out before you jump in.

Good luck and have fun with your new love.

Welcome gullchaser, keep us posted on the radio hunt, I'm about to start looking for one also. Let me know if you want to compare notes.

Welcome, here are a couple of pics of how I set my 170 up. I went with the Uniden Solara as a balance between price and my need/usage. There are a lot of modification pictures in the photo section from many of the 170 owners that might spark ideas for you. Good luck and enjoy.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Back