newbie in need of help..

joenlesa

Registered Member
City
Havelock
Hello all! I recently purchased a 2008 190 bay after moving back to South Eastern NC. This is my first boat and so far I love it. It was the advertising of how tough they were that sold me. I have searched this site, google, and the ezloader website for 2 days now and can not find what I need. My question is are the bunks on an ezloader adjustable trailer supposed to be loose? Mine freely move side to side when the boat is off the trailer. Thanks in advance for any help!

Trailer Bunks

Welcome! The bunks don't directly fasten to the trailer, and even whene the bolts are tight the bracket may not be exerting enough pressure to keep the bunks from sliding. I ended up putting a galvanized washer between the bracket and the crossmember and then retighten. Hope this Helps

I tightened up the bolts on mine just enough so they dont move when I drive around but the boat weight will still be able to move them. One of mine was really loose and I would have to straighten it out before I pulled the boat on.

HTR

If you are talking about movement from left to right...that is normal. That is what helps self alignment when recovering your boat. If it moves from front to back..then you have a problem.

It is left to right movement. Thanks for the help. I noticed the washers inside were nylon so I figured they were supposed to move.

Back