Idleguy

Registered Member
City
Millville
I've had my '05 170cc for two years now and the wife and I love it. It gets a lot of looks at the ramps as there isn't a dealer within 150 mi. of here. The best part is it goes by a lot of gas stations. I think It gets better mileage than my Silverado!! We've used it exclusively in fresh water here around the northern Sacto. valley. This spring we took it to Baja (SOC) for two months and then in the Pacific here last week. I'll admit I was a bit nervous taking it out 15 to 20 miles but you gotta go where the fish are. I have to say that it did better than expected in some pretty rough water at times. Things change though and we will be spending more time on the salt and I have decided to sell it and move up to a used 195 or 215. I think the heavier and wider boat besides giving us more room and storage will be more comfortable in the chop and the 7 & 8 ft swells here in the Pacific. The posts here on this board have been very useful in making this decision and I want to thank everyone for their input.

Welcome and good luck!

Idleguy, welcome to the web site.

Guess that is why they make different size boats. Folks decide they want to do different things.

We do love our 2005 210CC. We went with the 210 because we wanted to go out 20 or 30 miles and felt we needed the additional size for safety. If we were going to stay closer to shore or in the intercoastal waterway, would have chosen the 170 or maybe the 190 Bay.

We voted for safety and the bigger size (probably because of my knowledge at the time). Good luck on your sale and moving to a larger boat.

Wow!!

Thanks guys for the welcome....
Just got home from buying a used '06 195cc. What a difference. You could fit the 170 inside it.. Took it for a spin in the big blue and was really impressed by the ride, no comparison. Was really kind of leaning towards the 215 but because we trailer a lot of miles each year the extra weight and width (inches count in Baja) we opted for the 195.
Guess I'll have to change my avatar..

Back