Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Mrs. Offshoreman has a killer Pacific Halibut recipe. That and a little sriracha mayo.... That's what fuels my Pacific Halibut obsession. And that's just a 60 pounder.

Maybe she'll come on and share...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It took me 5 years to figure out halibut. I kept trying to bake or broil it, and it ALWAYS came out dry and over done. Like halibut-flavored sawdust. I finally pulled out my frying pan and decided to try that. Bingo! We have a seasoning here called Ted and Barney's, it's a local thing but you can get it online if you're not here on the North Coast. http://www.tedandbarney.com/
I start by drizzling a little olive oil on the halibut fillet, and sprinkle a little seasoning on it. While it sits for a few, I heat my pan and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Then, just saute JUST until the meat is no longer translucent, and begins to flake. Immediately remove it from the pan, and serve. It cooks fast, so I make sure my sides are ready to go or really close.
We also like sriracha mayo in our house, and the only way to get it the way we like it is to make it. I guess it would be best to have a real recipe, but here's a guide -
Ingredients: Mayo (the real kind, NOT light) Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and garlic salt
to about half a cup of mayo, add about a tbsp of sriracha, a tbsp of soy sauce, and 1/2 a tsp of garlic salt. whisk until combined, then tweak it till it tastes the way you want it to!
It makes a nice addition to the halibut.

Back