Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Pathfinder is part of the MBG (Maverick Boating Group) and I have friends that own them and really enjoy the layout and the ride. Since I have a smaller Skiff and use to a smaller rig, I am big fan of the newer 2005 TRS model that is newer for 2019. For a 20 footer, she packs a lot of great features usually only found on 23 and 25 footers :cool:

And I know that Pathfinder is trying to make a great smaller all around inshore / nearshore hull. I though, would have liked to see even less hull deadrise in the range of 12 to 15 degrees so she would draft even less water. She should be quiet at rest with little to no hull pop though from what I see ;) I will have to verify that when we go out for a visit to MBG in the near future :)

The next one up is the 2200 which drafts even less water (down to 11 versus 13 inches) so that hull even has better shallow water use applications and when you are in the 11 inch range, that is the same as many 18 foot Flats Skiffs which is great. And this is reason why the Bay Boat Market has exploded since you can reach shallow water fish in many places like the Flats of Florida, to places like the low country of South Carolina. This while having all the features and comfort that appeals to the family friendly boater with some Nearshore use just in case you want to go outside the pass and chase Tarpon, Mackerel, etc...

Here is a video on the present layout (suspect a new cap for the current hull) to help show you the features and great use of space! The console has also come a long way, and the wiring harness construction and layout for a production boat is awesome and a work of art for those who know, how often something could fail or does due to being jarred around a lot! So to be able to both find the source of the issue, and repair it without having to grab one the the local 9 year olds to even reach it o_O is great :cool:

After watching that, I am sure many here are looking for ways to incorporate those features and ideas into their present rigs :p

And Pathfinder has other models both larger still and with the use to stepped hulls for greater speed and less fuel burn and you can find out more about the entire line up on this link:

http://pathfinderboats.com/

And hopefully soon, a few of us from Performance Outdoors will get a chance to see the new Maverick Boat Group factory, and have a set down with their Sales Director for some Q&A that we will also post up on the Site :D And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you when you do reach out to them!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Some new running footage of the 2005 TRS

Excellent layout in a small (for a Bay Boat) package, and checks off on the list many things that the family boater would love to have ;)

Talk about running fast and drafting skinny at the same time, so it may have just become one of the world's largest Flats Skiff's with this type of build :D

Almost 1000 pounds lighter, Awesome!

Back