Quick weekend Fishing/Crabbing report Chesapeake Bay

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
Friday, crabbing 1 1/2 bushel big heavy crabs. Yesterday slow fishing but got 5 keepers with one 30 1/2 inch heavy Rock fish(Stripper). Fall is great on the Chesapeake, but winter coming soon need to get out whenever possible before the dreaded winterization of the boat and motor. All in Florida no need to comment.

Took out my Dad and uncle. Uncle caught the big one and said it was to heavy to hold up.

Attachments

• IMG_20161017_162050305_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161017_162050305_HDR.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 11
Nothing wrong with 5 fish! Rumor has it that it is supposed to drop to 49 here tomorrow - for the low. Trying to get my boat back in so I can enjoy some of this perfect weather - 70s for the next couple weeks. Got the engine maintenance done. Now I need to check the lift for any damage before I put it back on.

WINTERIZATION!!!???
Bill and I had a wind chill of 65 degrees once here in South Florida!
Eureka.......we just got some low 60's for a couple of nights. Might not sound like winter to some.....but it could be enough to hopefully end the Hurricane season for us.....Yay. :D

Had another good weekend Striper fishing, weather was great but wind picked up Saturday afternoon with swells 2-3 feet. Glad we were not in the old 150cc, 195cc does much better but still made for a rough wet ride back in. Sunday fishing again got our limit of good fat fish in the morning. Then afternoon was 83 and sunny, so off the the tiki bar for one last goodbye to summer. Crabbing report -My BIL tried crabbing Saturday and they are gone now. Last Sunday we got a bushel in 5 hours 6 days later not one.

Back