Fishing Report July 2-5 WB NC

S

Sgtdecker

Just wanted to put a quick report on the fising of Wrightsville beach last weekend. Though the Marine Police were out in force once we got ot the inlet it was great. Saturday slick seas and ran to the 20 mile rock. Had 3 Kings in first 30 min then continued to pick them up on the troll through the day. Ended with 9 in the boat and over 20 fought. Sunday was a little rough in the AM wind picked up but still ran out to the 10 mile rock and trolled for Kings again. Started a little slower but still ended the day with 9 in the boat and 12 overall. Most were 8-10 pounds but had my son's and they loved it. Also ended up with an 8 pound spanish on Sunday. biggest one I have ever seen. Monday did the tubbing thing with the family in the AM than ran out around 3:30 with Wife and did some inshore Spanish fishing. Had 12 in 1 1/2 hours and a nice shark was the first time wife fished with me alone and had a great time.

Hopping to see you all in Morehead next weekend.

glad you had a good outing, been waiting for the tuna to get closer out west , and the local kelp fishing been down due to the red tide. Hope it clears up soon.

when we did our sea trial thursday, the water was horrible. We filled the baitwell and when we emptied it, there was a layer of red algae sludge. We went friday out of ventura and there was no red tide.

Back