Raymarine Problems / Service

OspreyVic

Contributing Member
City
Osprey
We had developed "issues" with our Raymarine L1260DRC 10.4 inch Color Echo Sounder System with Raychart. It would lose the signal from our high performance transom mount transducer the M256. Now this unit is well out of production. We purchased the last one we could find in 2005. We really like the screen size for our fish finder.

I sent Raymarine Customer Support an e-mail explaining our "issue" on Tuesday 7/23/07 at 10:52 AM. They immediately responded indicating they had received my communication, with suggestions of topics on line I might look at to solve the problem.

On Tuesday at 10:58 AM, I received a communication from someone identified as a Senior Support Engineer with two possible solutions to our "issue".

On Wednesday 7/24/07 at 11:22 AM, I again sent Raymarine an e-mail asking where we might purchase the parts suggested in Tuesday's e-mail. On 7/24 at 1:00 PM, I received an e-mail with a link to a web site that helped us to locate a dealer/distributor that could sell us the parts and a toll free phone number where we could purchase the parts directly from Raymarine.

We called a local store that stated they could order the parts for us at a cost of $10.00. Not a bad price, but just to be on the safe side I decided to call Raymarine. The very nice woman that I spoke to said they were in stock. When I asked the cost, she stated that normal shipping was $30.00, but not to worry about it. We received the parts Thursday 7/25/2007 before noon, and I went to work installing them.

I just wanted to post my thanks to Raymarine so others could experience the kind of service they provided us.

We are very happy with all of our Raymarine equipment.

PS We had the boat out today 7/27 with George, a new 190 Bay owner, and his recently adopted uncle, Putershark. The equipment worked, and I had a GREAT day on the water with some very neat guys

Customer Service of such nature makes it well worth the extra money one spends for quality equipment! And that kind of free advertising on boards like this, is worth as much or more, than any magazine article the companies marketing department would ever buy ;)

I am getting ready to buy a raymarine fishfinder and am glad to hear this makes spending that much dough seem a little easier

Back