Recommended boat lifts and bow support?

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
I have not been able to find a whole lot of info on lifts and these boats, but I did get the bunk support layout which is great. I also saw some pictures of larger triumphs on lifts. I have a 150CC and am considering putting my boat on a lift. Anyone recommend a certain lift or manufacturer? I also understand to copy the bunk layout, but is there a need to support the bow like on the trailer or not. I have not been able to find any info on this and the manufacturer does not seem to provide much info either. Thanks for any help or advice.

Maxg94, I have no first hand knowledge of the 150CC, but if it was me, I would want to make sure that your lift matches or better yet exceeds the factory layout, including support for the bow.

If my memory is working (and that is a good question), back in the early days of Logic and Triumph, some dealers tried to shave corners by selling some models with less expensive - non factory spec trailers. Some of those same boats later had hull deformities, mostly the bow dropping down, and the buyers blamed the manufacturer. It was NOT the manufacturers fault, it was the dealer, and the dealers greed mixed with a lack of understanding of the requirements for these boats.

I also thing any lift would work, as long as your boat is properly supported.

Good Luck.

Thanks Vic, can never go wrong making it better supported.

Max, if you'll use the search feature, type in keywords bow support lift, you'll find three pages of threads addressing boat lifts.

Thanks Mike, I searched boat lift and never got this much to come up. Thanks again

Max, in the top right corner i typed in "boat lift" and 100 different threads including this one came up. I am not saying they will all have information you can use, but that is a lot.

You can also click on "Advanced Search" and get more specific with your search.

Try different words, etc. it really does work.

Good luck,

Vic

Thanks Vic, I did that search, but only 1 in 100 had to do with boat lift. I thought it would have been more narrowed down. The bow support search gave more info on boat lift or lifts than boat lift or boat lifts, what was I thinking? Anyway, I am surprised that the Triumph manual does not address this other than temporary lifting. You would thing if you are going to build a boat that is different than others and needs special handling that they would address this. I have seen the video of the boat being dropped from a helicopter and dragged behind a truck through the woods. I would think that they may want to just put a boat out back on a normal boat rack for 2 years and film that. I don't think I'm ever going to drop mine from a helicopter(my wife may do this), but I may actually put it on a boat rack or boat lift one day. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm glad we have this site. If I call the factory the answer would probably be just keep it exactly the way it was delivered and try not to use it. That is what we recommend.

Back