191/195 boat lift front support

F&SStan

Registered Member
City
Chocowinity
There are some treads on this topic in this forum, but my question is not addressed. Is the front support needed when using a boat lift, and if so, how is the front support attached? The boat lift I am considering will custom weld the bunk brackets 103 inches apart per the drawing specs, but that dimension is also being used for the overall length of the boat lift frame.

Do I need to have an I beam projected out from the main lift frame and add the front support?

I got the answer that you should have a bow support. As I mentioned my other response, I had my 191DC on a factory trailer without bow support (I purchased the boat and trailer used) for about 6 years before I noticed the bow support on the trailer bunk drawing and wondered the same thing you are wondering. Since the factory provided a bow support for my trailer at no cost, I guess they feel pretty strongly about it. I also mentioned the other poster who bought a frame from EZ Loader and went back to find it to refresh my memory (http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/f25/way-i-addressed-hull-support-requirements-5557.html) and I really like having the winch post for a stop and it has the bow support incororated. I think I'll go that way when I move.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. My boat lift is having an 'I' beam installed/attached to the front cross beam that will do the front bow support. It just took time for my installer to understand that I was not going to be happy with, or pay for, a boat lift that did not meet the drawing specs.

I checked with the factory on this for you and here was their reply:
It would be best to have something supporting the bow of the boat. I would make the overall frame longer and lengthen the center bunks.

Back