Boat Lift for 2006 191 FS

JoeP

Registered Member
City
Mississauga
I bought a Naylor Boat lift for my 191 FS. It has two V bunks on the front and rear of the lift. It doesnt have full length bunks like the trailer has. Will these two V blocks be enough to support the boat or do i have to modify with full length bunks? What do you guys think?

These are pics of a similar lift, i dont have pics of my lift.

naylor boat lift 2.jpg?naylor boat lift 1.jpg

As Harper said you need to create the same bunk support setup that the Triumph trailer support system provides.

Thanks for the replies. I did download the diagram. I will run some full length bunks.. Need to figure out how best to do that.. Im pretty sure I can get two bunks easily, the the other two might take some thinking..

Thanks for the replies. I did download the diagram. I will run some full length bunks.. Need to figure out how best to do that.. Im pretty sure I can get two bunks easily, the the other two might take some thinking..

Just to suggest another point of view.

I don't completely agree with the downloaded version of the bunks layout. Yes, you do need to spread out the bunk support to avoid any warping issues. However, distributing the hulls weight effectively on the bunks is also the goal. Leaving the keel (the strongest section of the hull) area unsupported in my opinion is wrong. The ability of the keel to support a significantly greater amount of the hulls weight cannot be overlooked. I would place full length bunks arranged in a "V" to support the keel as well. That way the pressure from the hull's weight against the other flat bunks is lessened and the chance of denting or warping the hull from the bunks is also lessened.

With the bracketing your lift has, you could place a full length V bunk on the center brackets and a single flat full contact bunk on the brackets on each side moving them to a wider position. This arrangement has worked for me very well on my trailer with my 210 for over 10 years.

I have included a pic of both my trailer and another one by Osprey Vic showing the keel supported.
9.jpgTrailer.jpg

Back