Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
For months now I have been testing a idea of mine (yes I did think of that for once :D) I had made for the 190 made just for Flats Fishing and it is called the RUP Deck or "Recon Under Power" deck and it works great! Matter of fact I cannot see being without it now much like my Power Pole.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/pdr_0005-2.10210/

What it does is give me the ability to stand up while running at minimal plane speeds (or flat out if you so choose) and look out over the water for schools of Mullet or Reds or just fishy looking locations that you may have passed over in your normal travels. A great time saver and very safe and secure. Matter of fact it is quite heavy and has held up to having a lot of meat (over 500 pounds :eek:) standing up on it and it does not give or move at all while running :)

It makes the boat just that much more comfortable as well as functional. I can rest my feet on it while just cruising, or stand up on it and keep one hand on the helm and the other on the top bar of the console while scouting for fish. All part of my tournament ready upgrades I have planned for this year.

Now I did not want to post this one until I had some time to live and run with it and it is everything I hoped for. George and I spent quite a bit of time in the design and fitting of the unit and had to make several mods to get it to fit just right. We also did not have to make any new holes to mount it which was nice. If the material looks like you have seen it before, I had some old 210 decking material that I was given and we just had enough to make it.

It is mounted to the front using Stainless Steel "L" brackets and the rear lip fits over the and is wedged in-between the lower bars of the leaning post. The rear of the unit (though really not needed) is held in place with large wire ties. So if I need to remove it for whatever reason, it will not take any time to do it.

Any boat that has a center console and a leaning post and I guess a cooler seat also? Can benefit from having such a deck installed. My only concern would be in having some kind of grab handle or hold higher up to help balance yourself as you are standing up just that much higher while running. Oh and make sure (as always) you have the engine kill switch hooked up to you while running like this :D

Last edited:
Looks nice....

Back