Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
Hello
Has any one heard of these jigs. I was reading an article in Saltwater sportsman about these jigs and I would like to get a look at one. However, I can not find any place that one may be able to purchase or at least look them over. The report in the magazine was quite favorable.

Puter I did see those on my search, but I am hoping to find a shimano retailer that may have them...I dont really want to have to go to Japan :)

Well Buddy,
I just smashed 15 search engines all at the same time (using Copernic agent) and manged to only find the site listed above, and our topic chat here! ;) That was pretty much it for the entire Internet (in English)

How is your Spanish? :D

Thanks puter
I found an ad for tackeldirect.com in my saltwater sportsman magazine. They specifically named that they had the shimano jigs. Maybe it was just a matter of time

Butterfly Jigs

I tried the Buterfly rig (system) after being talked into by the guys in our office in Houston. Hooked up a couple of times and had them breakoff under the rigs. The guys in Texas swear by them. So far all I've got from them is one **** of a pull and an empty wallet.:confused: Anyone else had any luck with them of found a cheaper source for them?

Mark....

Bayourunner said:
I tried the Buterfly rig (system) after being talked into by the guys in our office in Houston. Hooked up a couple of times and had them breakoff under the rigs. The guys in Texas swear by them. So far all I've got from them is one **** of a pull and an empty wallet.:confused: Anyone else had any luck with them of found a cheaper source for them?

Mark....

Mark,
I drove down to Dogfish Tackle the other day and they had another brand on the wall right beside the expensive ones (believe the brand name was called "River 2 Sea" ?) for about half the cost... Here is their web page link so you can call them and find out for sure http://www.dogfishtacklecompany.com/id34.htm

I looked at the site posted by Putershark and from what I see in the picture there is nothing special bout these jigs. A number of manufacturers make them and you can buy them at BassPro Shops and Cabellas or even Walmart.

Seems to me the high price is, "Oh, wow - Japanese!", and the Shimano name (which to my knowledge isn't associated with fishing lures).

woodNfish

Shimano has put alot for marketing into this butterfly jig.

In conjunction with the jig, it is highly recommended you buy the "Trevala rod" and "Torsa reel". This is now close to $1000 jig system, not to mention the hooks are a component you need to purchase individually.

I have been on several long range boat this year and have only seen 2 anglers own and fish this system. The caught nothing and ended up fishing bait or irons.

$1000 for a blue marlin set-up or giant yellowfin tuna (300# class) that I can understand.

I have to see someone out catch everyone on a boat believe this butterfly can really fly.

Shimano manufactures some great reels, I own many of them, but this system is over the top.
Save your money and fish what works for you.

Back