Simple trailer theft idea.

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
I was glancing at the pics on the home page and when looking closely at one showing a fold-a-way trailer tongue modification......an idea came to mind. I live in Miami, so theft is kinda on ones mind alot around here. I keep my boat on it's trailer parked in the driveway. I do have a lock on it but that just doesn't give me enough peace of mind. Enter the fold-a-way tongue hitch. If you made the additional mod of removing the hinge bolt when stored, you could put the hitch away in a secure place and it would render the boat & trailer virtually impossible to tow away. I could even add a padlock to the pivot hinge for additional deterrent.
I know, I know....nothing will "prevent" the determined thief.

food for thought.....

fold_away5.6123214_std.JPG

Last edited:
LOL I was going to say in Miami they will just winch it up on a flat bed and drive away, but to be serious great idea make it harder for them so they go to the next boat thats a lot easier to steal...

Bill i feel you. as you know i keep my boat in a secure lot with a security guard. my neighbors boat was stolen last year right from his yard. this guy had his boat chained, with a boot and they still got it while he was sleeping! he now has a new boat with an onboard camera that turns on remotely and has a low jack on it. i like your idea very much but just as mr 300 pointed out thieves in south florida are very evolved ..

Brother it will just slow them down, but this little upgrade on the same idea "may" give us enough time to at least go grab the Glock ;) It is the same lock system / bolt size used to lock the hitch into the receiver :)

IMG_0214.jpg

I also have a lock on the lock down tab, for you just never know... I might miss with the 1st magazine and need the time that extra lock gives me, to rack in another :p You know at 2am my eyesight is not what it once was, like in my 20's LOL

It's not a clip. It's a magazine.:mad::D

:p And I said that later on so I would not use the same word in the same sentence Brother. But after I had some java enter my bloodstream, I went back and edited for you Mike :D

But at 2am before any Java, I don't care what you call it, just hand me another one full of live rounds LOL :D

:p And I said that later on so I would not use the same word in the same sentence Brother. But after I had some java enter my bloodstream, I went back and edited for you Mike :D

But at 2am before any Java, I don't care what you call it, just hand me another one full of live rounds LOL :D
There ya go!! Thats' the spirit!! Haha

Back