Smart Craft Gauge

BarrNone

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Newark
I have a 2011 Verado 150 and had an issue with my gauge at the end of the season this year. I made the run across from Delaware to New Jersey for the tail end of the striper run and when we pulled in ansd anchored I shut the motor down. After fishing for 60 min we pulled anchor and I glanced down and noticed my gauge said that I didn't use any fuel for the run across. And subsequently when I started the motor every time after that the gauge did the same thing. Took the boat in for winterizing and warranty question on the gauge and they told me that a processor blew in the gauge. My tech told me that this was the first problem that he's encounteredwith this. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue like this. I'm worried now that my warranty ends in August of this year.

So I finally got around to getting my boat in for repairs and found out that a microprocessor went bad in the gauge. Got it replaced for free with the exception of $18 for install, not too bad I thought. But I did find out that this new gauge comes with no warranty at all according to Mercury customer service, thought that to be odd. Of course from posting on multiple other sites come to find out that I'm the only one this has happened to, no suprise, But I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that this one does not go bad.

Back