Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
So the Boys came for the Holiday's and brought their new girlfriends and of course, everybody wanted to go on trips all at the same time... Now that the family is growing (only a matter of time before Grand-babies start keeping everyone awake at night) the reality has set in, that our current rig is just too small and does not have the seating needed. As such, time for a larger Skiff ;)

I really hate to see this one go, and have really spent a lot of hours getting her up to my standards both in function and appearance! And as you have seen here on the Site quite a few times, it was used as a platform for articles and product testing. It is also a featured build on both the Beavertail Skiffs Strike Model Page, this as well as example shot for the Bob's Machine True Tracker Site. So here are the basics on the Skiff...

Engine / Controls:
  • Yamaha F70 with around 237 hours. It had the full 200 Hour service done by the prior owner, and then at 220 hours I changed the engine and lower unit oil / Oil filter again, and installed Royal Purple Synthetic oils in both.
  • Yamaha digital style gauges with indicators for Trim, Fuel level, etc.
  • Hydraulic Steering with Edison Wheel and Speed Knob at the helm (Factory)
  • Engine Jack Plate with control switches on the throttle right below the Trim and Tilt button on the throttle for easy reach all with one hand (Factory)
  • 3 Bladed Power Tech SS Prop.
  • Months old / Brand new Yamaha color matched, Bob’s Machine True Tracker Stabilizer (did wonders for handling and performance at all speeds including low speed control)
  • Lectrotab trim tabs rewired for newer style switch and they only reset (now) when the battery switch (not ignition) is turned off and back on. Makes for quieter operation when moving from locations.
  • Yamaha Engine cover so it stays all nice and clean and help fend off the Sun.
  • Lifeguard Lanyard (engine kill switch) that goes around your ankle and not get all wrapped up in your helm like many do when it is clipped to your PFD ring.
Hull: (all the Standard Factory features plus)
  • Side Console with (and if needed for that trip) deck tied down Yeti cooler with matching cushion.
  • Seat Foam in the bench cushion just replaced.
  • Elevated bow casting platform with rod holders and Seadek
  • Under gunnels rod holders with Seadek sections for reels.
  • V Marine Push Pole holders on the cap and polling platform (mounts on either side)
  • Brand New green LED single strip lighting under the cap, white spreader light on the polling platform, and single center stern mounted green under water LED light.
  • Quick removable Bimini top for Family and Sunset Trips (stored off the Skiff and rarely used)
  • 3 Go Pro Camera Mounts, two forward and one on the forward section of the polling platform.
  • Months old Black Megaware Keelguard that fits and looks perfect for this color scheme! Have before and after hull install shots so you can see this was not done to cover anything, just protect it going forward.
  • Hull was recently detailed and buffed out with many coats of Arma Shield applied and now the water sheets off. Simply beautiful both in color and in depth of shine.
Other accessories / features

• Black 6 foot Power Pole with remote and dash mounted control switch.
  • 12 VDC Minn Kota Trolling motor with remote and I Pilot, Spot Lock, etc.
  • Two Odyssey Batteries (one for the Trolling Motor, other House unit) on A-B switch and onboard Minn Kota Charger that can charge both. One battery mounted forward for the Trolling Motor, other Port side stern for hull balance.
  • Months old / new Pyle Marine (Motor Cycle sized) Bluetooth AMP driving two JL Audio MX650-CCX speakers. Just pair with your phone and stream away J
  • Months old / new Lowrance Elite 9Ti with Total Scan Transducer (Side, Structure scan, etc.) and Isla Marine - FMT chip.
  • Forward Rod holder on the Side console for when you are rigging or making a quick location change. Also mounted a nice compartment bag forward of the console for wallet, keys, phones, etc.
Trailer
  • Folding Tongue I beam Trailer with months old tires. She comes in around 19 feet on the Trailer when folded in, if you would like to part it in your garage?
  • The wiring just reworked and with all brand new bunks and 3/4 carpet installed with Monel staples. Bottoms of the bunks and parts of the sides left exposed so they can fully dry out By Island Coast Trailers. If maintained, should last many years without needing much attention.

Located in Pine Island Florida and just a real nice low hour, dry running little Skiff / Fishing Weapon all set and ready to Go! This while looking and sounding great while doing it at much less the cost than a new build at $28750.00

If interested, please feel free to contact me in this thread, PM, or email me at: dave@performanceoutdoors.net and we can exchange numbers. And I have plenty of pictures and links (even some running video) I can send to you :cool: Looking to move it quickly so we can start the process of getting the next / larger Skiff before the build times take even longer...

New Skiff.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

DSCN0134.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0370a.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

One clean ride. I image you hate to sell it. Are you going boat shopping soon? Have anything in mind?

Thanks! And yes, I hate to sale her for many reason's, but I will try and not be without one for long :D

I have several in mind and looking for one that has more space and seating, but is not like trying to Push Pole a Iowa Class Battleship around... ;)

Now that was quick! But not surprised.

Back