Storage Cover fo 21'CC with T-Top

Makessense

Registered Member
City
Mantoloking
I've tried this before but I not sure if I am doing this correctly.I own a 2000,21"CC withT- Top and anchor roller .I live in NJ and the winters can be harsh.I found one cover from boat covers direct,the price is reasonable,but was wondering if any one has found another site,or may have another place to look.If anyone can help,it would be appreciated .Thank You

boat cover

You might try Boaters world thay sell one that can fit a center console with a T Top for about $600.00, full custom made covers in this area can run as high as $1000.00, they work fairly well in this area (Virginia) but we dont have the type of winters that you have.
Some folks here opt for inside storage during the winter months. Hope this helps

C Firth
owner 01 logic 210cc

Thank you for you for your input.it was nice to know people still care and will share their information.

I got mine from coversinc.net and love it. It is made of Sunbrella III, custom fit for my boat and it has a 5 year warranty against fading, cracking and mildew. The fit is great and I can but it on the boat by myself in about 5 min's or less. This is not a chep cover but if you want one that will last you might want to take a look. This is the company that makes the covers that you buy when you order one with your boat or order one from Triumph after you bought a boat.

All I did was pick up a surplus 30' parachute from the Sportsman's Guide. I have a big old tree in my back yard and my neighbor has a bunch of pine trees so I had a lot of sticks, needles, leaves and bird poop all over my boat. The parachute works great as it keeps the boat clean and the sun off of it.

The first thing I used was a parachute also. However it died after about a year and a half. The sun killed it and it started falling apart. I then went to a large tarp. Sun killed it too over time. Now I just use a custom cover I had made for the CC. Towing my boat to the water gets rid of most everything that finds its way in, But I still may save up for a real fitted cover.

Here in Texas we don't have much of a problem with the cold weather so I plan on just leaving my boat outside on my land and I plan on using a billboard tarp to cover it.

If you don't already know, all of the billboards you see around town are made of a single piece of some very very strong vinyl. They even have a seam all the way around them so you can insert a rope and cinch them up. They are also practically brand new, depending on how long they were posted there.

They are also 5 times stronger than those blue tarps from Home Depot.

With the right connections in your town you can get the no longer needed billboard tarps for about $50 to $100.

They are to way heavy to be ship to your city so check www.craigslists.com (which by the way is an incredible website for used stuff), Ebay etc. or make friends with a guy that works for a billboard company in your area. They will have stacks of them.

They usually are 2 different ones:
14' by 48'
20' by 60'

I have a connection in Dallas but they weigh 80lbs and 143lbs respectfully, but like I said you probably don't want one shipped to your city.

If you need to modify it you can cut it and use a industrial strength heat gun that will melt the seems together .

Overall they are really cool and helpful if your roof gets blown off in hurricane or tornado, but the are heavyyyy.

Boat Cover (suitable for trailering)

Years ago I did business with a canvas place and had 3 different boat covers made for 3 different boats. They were all installed by putting snaps onto the boats beneath the rub rails. They also had a drawstring going around the edge to pull it even tighter. I still own 2 of em', and they have held up remarkably well. One of them could be 10 years old, and they have spent all their time outside in New England weather. The great thing about them is that you can bomb along on the highway with them on, and everything is protected (and out of sight). I have been debating about getting a shelter, portable garage, etc..., but I am thinking that I want to have one of these custom-fitted (trailerable ) covers made up. I have the 190 Bay with the T-top, and the area beneath the rubrail seems like the snaps would be out of the way of fishing line. Has anyone ever had one of these made up before on a Triumph? Are there any concerns about putting a bunch of snaps into the hull? Any general thoughts - good or bad on the subject?

Agereety,

I bought my 170 DC used, so don't know if the covers were supplied by Triumph, or added later. In any case, the one described by the salesman as a "docking cover" is canvas, and attached via snaps that are located just above the rub rail. The cover is obviously custom fitted to my boat, as I even have to insure the prop on the bow mounted trolling motor is rotated to the proper position in order to get the snaps to line up correctly. In any case. I've used it to trail the boat all summer, at highway speeds, and had no problem. The snaps, by the way, appear to be pop riveted into the hull, rather than screwed, are all very solid.

Ron

Back