Suzuki runners question

SubmersibleGeek

Registered Member
City
Marina
Do any of the Suzuki owners out there also run a Lowrance NMEA 2000 network. I have a question about the engine adapter that connects the motor to the NMEA network.

If I can be of any help, we have a 175 with a lowrance. No boat should be without it. You will need the harness and an extra cable, I believe 12' will get you up to the t-top. The harness should come with the new T so you can hook right in to your current system. After it is hooked up you just need to set up your instruments, and verify your new harness is programmed to the proper year engine. Let me know what else you need.

John

Thanks John,

I started this process looking at a Floscan sensor until I found the Lowrance NMEA system. If I had it to do over, all my electronics would have been Lowrance.

Anyway, I talked to a company at LEI Extras the other day and I think they gave me the skinny bur see if this sounds right.

I plan on getting the LMF-400 multi-sensor and the Suzuki wiring harness. That will be what is at either end of the network. To fill in the gaps I thin I need

1-male terminal resistor
1-female terminal resistor
15ft network extension cable
1 T-connector for the gauge (Wiring harness comes with one)

What I don't know is what powers the system. I think one of my terminal resistors needs to be the kind with the pigtails and fuse to run to a power supply, unless the gauge comes with this.

I think this system will work awesome. Its over $100 bucks cheaper then the floscan system and I get all of the engine output data (not just fuel burn rate as with the floscan)

what type of sounder do you have?
If you buy the gauge unit, it should act as the power supply

Its a humminbird so it won't be on the network.

Well then the head should do the trick. I am assuming it will come with the power lead as the sounders do. In your list I did not see a ep-20, the engiine harness. if that is included you should have it all. It all goes in very easy except the harness through the 2" black hose to the engine. It is kind of tough but it will get through.

John

Back