T-Top Canvas Supplier Recommendation Needed

john_brennan

Registered Member
State
MA
Hi Folks,

The canvas on my new to me 2007 195CC Triumph has several rips along the aluminum frame, and I am looking for a recommendation on where I can purchase just the new canvas and rope so I can fix it myself. I have been looking all over with no luck. I called Merrit Marine in NC and they said that they have the template, but no longer offer the service of creating new canvas tops (it was too labor intensive). They did not seem willing to share the template either so that I might bring it to another boat canvas supplier. Long winded, sorry - but wanted you to know I have been trying. Any ideas?

Good Afternoon!
Pending on condition, the present canvas can be used as a template for the replacement one. As such, any local Marine Canvas Company or even Automotive Interior shop that handles Sunbrella or another fabric intended for such use could be used.

Here is what I found on a quick search:

Install video

Hope this helps?
Dave

Good Afternoon!
No they (Fishfinder did not) it was just the best "install" video I could find on that subject.

The other links above that one should help you find a replacement one online ;)

Hope this helps?
Dave

I replaced the rope for my t-top a couple summers ago. I don't remember for sure, but I believe found a video on how to lace it in on the triumph owners maintenance disc that Randy produced a few years ago. I have most of that stuff packed in prep for the move to FL so I can't double check. But the lacing I did was a little different than in the video Dave posted. Maybe somebody that has that disc could check.

We did record a segment for the "Maintenance & Modifications for Triumph Boat Owners" DVD. Chad Merritt at Merritt Marine did the demonstration of how to lace up a t-top.

John, you might give this guy a call. I don't have any personal experience with him, but it's worth a look for the advertised price.

Here is a video of how to make one that really went into depth on the process. It also covers a different type of canvas (actually it is a vinyl material) you might want to consider using called Stamoid?

Budge b-621-x4 T-Top boat cover, high quality cover for the money. I wanted a winter cover that would go over my wake board tower and still cover the sides of the boat, this worked well. I do not have a hard top boat so I knew it would not be 100% on the fit but was surprised. Putting some towels over the board racks on each side so it would not rip through seemed to do the trick on that. I ordered it a little larger and was perfect to cover the swim platform also. It does have some vents in the back which I thought was a nice addition to keep moisture buildup out. I wont ever tow with this cover so that was not a concern. Highly recommend!!

Last edited:
Back