The Fishing Was Great

mrgreencms

Participating Member
City
Woodbine
:) The fishing was great at the St. Mary's Georgia river entrance north side of the Jettys. We caught the last hour of the incoming tide and were able to get 6 Reds in about 2 hours. The picture you see on my profile is the one I had to release due to it being greater than 23 inches. Overall lenght was 26+ inches, weight unknown but as you can see it was heavy. A great time.:cool:

Attachments

• Big Red March 12 2011.jpg
    Big Red March 12 2011.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Dennis
Where do you put in at in CT. When I visit my inlaws in Westerly, R.I. we usually put in at Barn Island boat ramp located in Stonington, CT. My father-in-law and I fish inbetween Fishers Island, Mystic, and Watch Hill, Rhode Island. We usually do real well with Flukes (Summer Flounder), and Pogys with a sand shark or two.
Dave

I usually put in at Stratford or West Haven. that's more central CT. In Eastern Ct I use Kirtland landing in Westbrook. If i'm going to RI I'm out of Pt Judith.

Last year I did real well on Stripers at the mouth of the Housitonic River and out by Plum Gut. The Blues are everwhere. With sand sharks I cut the line.

Back