the right move

llama

Registered Member
City
Cascade
Hi folks, thanks for the welcome. I joined this forum because yesterday I just bought a 2003 210cc Triumph that was listed on ebay. I paid 16000 for it sight unseen. I did as much research as I could on the Triumph boats and everything I found was positive. The seller had 97% positive feedback and all the pictures showed the boat in like new condition. I'm feeling a little jittery for buying a boat sight unseen so I was hoping to get some reassurance from current and previous Triumph owners.

The hull has a lifetime warrenty, you can switch owners on it for free in the first five years. I would get this done asap. I think the boats are the best out there for the size. The boat may look dull or have some scratches when you see it but on a triumph, no problem. Good luck and happy boating.

LLama - One hopes you reviewed this forum (even if not a member) before pulling the trigger. A little risky buying any boat from photos, but perhaps less so since you bought a Triumph. I also bought a used 03 210 in 2005. I was able to do a H20 trial beforehand, but all that did was amp me up and convince me I wanted what I already decided I wanted. I didn't find anything or know enough about this boat to scrutinize much. I DID get the hull number and contact Triumph to see if it was transferable - something you should do ASAP.

All in all I think you'll love your boat.......Barry

Well, I've already pulled the trigger, so for better or worse I own a Triumph! I live in Montana but spend the winter in Texas. The boat is in Florida. Logistically it was impossible for me to go there and check it out. I was under the gun as this seemed like one of those rare deals that you always seem to miss out on and the auction was ending Sat.Sooo...just before the auction ended I contacted the seller and comitted to the buyitnow price. It's a one owner 03 210 with an 03 150 2strk Yamaha. The seller stated the previous owner moved up to a bigger boat and this one has less than 100 hrs on it. I'm going to keep it stored in Florida until November when I'll have it shipped to Corpus Christi where I'll pick it up. It sure is a convoluted way to buy a boat! Trying to find a good used cc in Montana is next to impossible and it seems like all the boat dealers I visited in Texas overpriced their used inventories by several thousand dollars.

you'll be fine providing the engine and trailer are in good condition--as for the boat ,that would be less a concern from my experience of owning an 01 model and my lack of issues with the boat.

Back