Becoming First Time Boat Owner

L

lefty55

I had just found this forum and Triumph Boats. I'm in the market for my first boat and was at a boat show last weekend to look to see what was out there. Well I ended up putting a deposit on a Triumph Boat. I went to the show just to look but liked the size and layout of the 190 Bay. I but a deposit down on the boat to hold the price and the extended warranty on the motor till I could do some research on the boat as I was not familar with them. All I have read and heard has been positive. I just has a few questions on add ons. The boat at the show has most all the options that Triumph offers but I wanted to add a trolling motor, GPS and radio. The dealer had those available as well at the show. The question I have is the dealer the best to install these items due to the boat construction (Ropelene)?? Looking around town and on the net it looks like I could save some money buying from online dealers. I would than need to get them installed as it would not be something I would want to undertake as it is my first boat. I have no ideal what that might cost. My thoughts are it would be best to let the dealer handle it all to make it easier if anything happens. Thanks for all the information provided on this site as it has been vary helpful.

dealer install

Hey Lefty,

Congrats on the new boat. I thought about the same thing last week. I bought a 195DC and was looking to put a fish finder on it. The dealer sells Lowrance and Garmin units. I could have bought the Lowrance unit for about $40 less on line. The thing is that my dealer (Port Harbor Marine) will install the unit for free if: 1) I buy it from them and 2) they install it during the initial prep. I went for it Lefty.

I'm taking my boat out fishing for the first time tomorrow. Can't wait.

Cya,
Ron

Thanks for the response guys. Its alway good to know that my thought process is right sometimes. The dealer had sold the three 190 Bays they had in stock at the show so they will be ordering one in for me. I will make sure to post some pictures when it comes in.

Back