first post

Aage

Registered Member
Hi all! Sorry, I haven't got a Triumph yet.

Currently we have a 1985 Bayliner 14' bowrider hull with a 2003 Honda 50 hp outboard on it. We've had the Bayliner for something like 10 years simply because we find it handy: it fits in our garage! May I add that the Honda motor was the best investment we ever made in boating...

Since we live in Ontario, boating is strictly a summer sport, May to September. We almost always camp in the summer during our vacations, so it's handy for us to have the little boat to get out on the water. My wife and her sister and her sister's husband often join us, so footroom can get short pretty quick.

Well, I've had a hankering to get something with a bit more footroom, but that would still fit our garage, and this past weekend, I came across a "new" 2002 Triumph 150 DC hull at our local dealer. I've never seen a Triumph boat there before, but I know this dealer buys closeout lots and bankruptcies, so no surprise.

Well, I'm still thinking about this boat, and leaning towards it. It's a bit strange though, what with the different body material and all, but since we don't like to spend hours polishing our boat, and we've already kissed more than one dock with the old boat, it looks to me like a good candidate to replace the Bayliner.

Looking forward to your advice and help.

Regards,
Aage

Welcome aboard. I can say that I too have kissed a couple of docks, launch ramps and other "stuff" in my boat. Part of being new to boating is experiencing the frustration of docking - or so I am told. :D

I can say that my boat doesn't look any worse for wear despite my learning experiences, and I know if I had fiberglass she would need some work.

Bill

Welcome Aage.

There is a lot to read in the "Forum" and "Articles" section of this web site. If you do not find a posting that answers your questions, please try the "Search" feature. After that, please ask questions. There are a lot of people that will do their best to answer your questions.

We do understand that not everyone will purchase a plastic boat, but we love ours and just wish we had purchased sooner.

Again, welcome.

Back